Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Four-Byte Burger" image restored, looks great on A1000  (Read 1366 times)

Description:

Offline blakespotTopic starter

• Visit ByteCellar.com
    • Show only replies by blakespot
    • ByteCellar - The Vintage Computing Blog
"Four-Byte Burger" image restored, looks great on A1000
« on: April 25, 2023, 03:41:59 PM »
Many here surely have seen the recent video from XboxAhoy who set out to restore the long lost "Four-Byte Burger" image done by Amiga's own Jack Haeger back in 1985. The version of Graphicraft he used was so early in development that it lacked file I/O capabilities, so there is no digital copy. It was a big promo image early on.

Here's his video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4EFkspO5p4

Anyway, I've always loved this image as well, and have written about it in the past several times. Once I saw the recreation work, I quickly moved to get it up and glowing on my Amiga 1000's 1080 monitor. After some waiting-for-degauss, the results are lovely I think.

Sharing my photo and some thoughts on / history of the image in a blog post:
https://bytecellar.com/2023/04/24/lost-amiga-four-byte-burger-painting-digitally-recreated-and-looking-amazing-in-glowing-phosphor/

Cheers!

bp

« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 03:43:04 PM by blakespot »
:: ByteCellar.com - The Vintage Computing Weblog
:: Amigas: 1000, 2000 '020, SAM440ep-Flex

Offline DownshiftDX

• Show only replies by DownshiftDX
Re: "Four-Byte Burger" image restored, looks great on A1000
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 04:55:00 AM »
That was a fun video to watch. In all honesty I got a bit annoyed when he gave up trying to accurately recreate the shading from the image pixel perfect. I was thinking if it is worth doing it is worth putting in the effort... but when I saw the pinned comment from the original author giving it high praise I got off my high-horse.