Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: Amiga 2000 video issue
« Last post by TribbleSmasher on May 18, 2024, 01:14:58 PM »
Did you clean up the whole area that was affected by the battery damage?

Sometimes it goes beyond the keyboard connector and into the RAM chip area.

Also check for any VIAs that might have got damaged, especially around and under chips close by.

Do you have pictures of the main board in its current condition?
New User Introductions / Re: Hi there!
« Last post by amigakit on May 18, 2024, 01:08:36 PM »
Welcome to our community here at Amiga.org !
New User Introductions / Hi there!
« Last post by DeyMey on May 18, 2024, 11:48:35 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm Davide and I'm writing from Italy, I signed up because I have a Commodore Amiga as a partner since 1996, that is since I was 7 years old!
I recently bought a Commodore A2000, for which I have already asked you for help, to enjoy the feeling of having an expandable big box! To tell the truth my A500 is nice pumped with 1.5mb of Chip, ACA500 and ACA1234, but I find that these modifications on a 500 are unnatural, better to pump a nice A2000 and play with the original 500!

Ciao and thank you!
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Amiga 2000 video issue
« Last post by DeyMey on May 18, 2024, 11:41:17 AM »
Hello everyone, I recently bought an Amiga 2000 that didn't work due to battery acid.
I managed to clean everything up, even replacing the socket of AGNUS, 68K and Kickstart. The problem is that at a cold boot the computer works very well, it loads the floppies and I do the ram test without problems, but after a few minutes of use strange graphic gliths like the one in the photo begin to appear, it stops loading floppies and goes into guru meditation.

Do you have any idea where to start looking to figure out what's not working? Thank you very much!
Amiga Events / Re: SACC Monthly Meeting Reminder - May update
« Last post by SACC-guy on May 18, 2024, 08:15:32 AM »
Hi Everyone,
I need to tell you that we will NOT have an online session this month. We do not have the personnel available to hold the online meeting. The May meeting is IN PERSON ONLY at the Holiday Inn express.

Jerry
--
OctaMED / Re: Official OctaMED Amiga forum
« Last post by a1200 on May 17, 2024, 09:44:25 PM »
Best Tracker ever. I can't see the link to buy or is it going to be on the A600GS first?
Amiga Gaming / Re: I wrote a Paddle Ball game, now available on Github!
« Last post by scm2000 on May 17, 2024, 08:07:52 PM »
as best I can tell Amiga Basic has no idea where the program was loaded from once it's loaded.   There's no way for a program to then load a file in the same directory.  Thus I had to hard code a device name.  if this was a pubished game it would come on a floppy, so it wouldn't be a problem
Amiga Gaming / Re: Doom WAD for low end Amigas?
« Last post by Boing-ball on May 17, 2024, 05:29:20 PM »
Not aware of this fact. I use ADoom with the correct C2P file at 320x200 resolution. Just about playable on a 030 @ 50mhz.
There were Amiga Format CD’s around with a tonne of Doom WADs available.

Amiga Gaming / Re: I wrote a Paddle Ball game, now available on Github!
« Last post by scm2000 on May 17, 2024, 04:57:14 PM »
It is hardcoded to DF0:, also if its window has been moved it will draw outside of it.
thanks for the feedback. i mentioned about df0 in the readme. if i can find a way to have it know the path the program was loaded from, i could fix that.

the game is screen oriented. ill look at opening a separate screen without a window
Amiga Gaming / Re: Doom WAD for low end Amigas?
« Last post by utri007 on May 17, 2024, 12:41:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure that when Doom was released, there were mod to make it more playable with 386 and weak 486 computers.

Any one does no any of this?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10