Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Epsilon's Amiga X1000 Blog  (Read 31123 times)

Description:

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: Epsilon's Amiga X1000 Blog
« on: May 16, 2015, 11:53:46 AM »
Quote from: Epsilon_;789388
Hi All,

I have added a new blog entry this weekend, taking a first glance at the newly released MorphOS 3.8 on my Powerbook G4 and SAM460CR.

Link is here:

http://amigax1000.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/morphos-38-on-sam-460cr-and-powerbook-g4.html

I am still very much working on the SAM460CR build with more to come no doubt - I hope you enjoy it.

Interesting reading. And interesting that you are getting French in Ambient status bar. Your language settings is set to just English, is that right?

In GfxSpeed you can save results to a benchmark module you can share with others and you can load other benchmark results to GfxSpeed.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: Epsilon's Amiga X1000 Blog
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »
Quote from: Epsilon_;789390

I am keen to get the Envy24HT working on the Sam 460CR ...not sure if the elf openpci library is needed or not. also, the library. has .elf at the end, does that need to be renamed openpci.library to put into dh0:morphos/libs - nothing else has .elf so I assume so...

No need to remove .elf at the end. It is old legacy thing. In early years of MorphOS development it was used to distinguish PPC native libraries from 68k libraries when located in same directory.

I guess if MorphOS can't find the card on boot then it doesn't appear in the MorphOS sound options to choose from...well it hasn't appeared for me yet anyway! Any other suggestions to get it working? I am all ears! :-)

The problem could be OpenPCI. It is very old and not updated in ten years. Maybe it doesnt work with SAM...

You could try PCIScan (shell command) to check if it is seen by MorphOS. If it is then it is probably problem in openpci.library...
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook