Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Swedish Amiga Magazine - AMIGA FORUM #4 - Out now!  (Read 3175 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Swedish Amiga Magazine - AMIGA FORUM #4 - Out now!
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 28, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »
taken to PM....
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:56:04 PM by eliyahu »
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05:21 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;730605
The thing is...we are lacking in a good English Amiga magazine and it would be super cool to read some magazine about Amiga in English.

I'd wager that there are far more Amiga magazines in the English language than in Swedish.

This is a very popular one if you aren't already aware of it:  Amiga Future

Total Amiga was a great long running mag but is no longer published, however Amigakit has at least one back issue in stock.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:09:48 PM by nicholas »
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Reynolds

• Show only replies by Reynolds
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 05:16:14 AM »
Quote from: Faerytale;730559
Why not just translate it to english? Swedish can read english?

It is quite similar with the Amiga Mania, even if we count with far less amount of readers who can understand hungarian. The point is to show / see that there are magazines in any other languages for users around the world. There's no offence from any side, just commitment and eunthiasm.

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »
I'd like to point out a few things. I can read Swedish, but my native language is English. Swedish is a closely related language to English. The closest related language to English is Frisian, with 1 version spoken in the Netherlands, and another 2 in Germany. Apart from this, I think the closest languages to English are Dutch, Danish, and Norwegian. The languages Danish and Norwegian are almost the same. Swedish is very similar to Danish and Norwegian, but has different spellings and sounds. All of the languages I've mentioned so far are more closely related to English than German is to English. They are all Germanic languages, descended from an ancient language called Proto Germanic. Not only that, but Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian grammar is very simple, which I think happened due to a mass influx of German speakers during the time of the Hanseatic League trading organisation. Each tense of each verb is made up of the same word, no matter who is doing the action (e.g. jag är =I am, du är = you are, vi är = we are). Not only that, but by applying the laws of consonantal shift, as written about by the brothers Grimm, you can substitute certain letters in Swedish words for other letters to help work out the English translations of these words. I recommend you read the book Swedish by Teach Yourself Books, which could open up a whole new World for you. I should also point out that Finnish is nothing like Swedish or any other languages except Estonian, Sami (Lapp), Mordvin, and distantly related to Hungarian. There is also an area where similar languages are spoken along the northern coast of Russia to the east of Finland. I hope these people complaining about Swedish will learn something now. I would be happy to help translate this magazine into English for a small fee. Translations are usually done by native speakers of the language being translated into.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:12:41 PM by AmigaBruno »

Offline Faerytale

• Show only replies by Faerytale
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:03 PM »
Im sorry! Let the Swedes have there magazine! Love to u all!

Offline Nicsoft

• Show only replies by Nicsoft
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 01:04:32 AM »
Well, let's get inspired! If a small country with a population of 9.5 million, can have a printed "user group" magazine. Why can't all larger countries!? :-)

Offline YasuTopic starter

• Show only replies by Yasu
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »
This magazine is a work of love. No one receives any money from it. Everything goes back to the magazine. I would love to have it translated into English but I barely have time doing it in Swedish. Plus my native language isn't English so someone else would have to translate it.

On a related note, we don't want to compete with Amiga Future either. That is an international magazine and we are a Swedish magazine. This means that it's mostly Swede-centric. It's written by Swedes for a Swedish market. Most topics may be of interest for English speakers nevertheless but alas, no time for translation ...

Some other people have pointed out that it's more fun being able to read a small magazine like an Amiga magazine in their native language. So the question is not if we should have more English Amiga magazines but if we should have more Amiga magazines in other languages. I think there should :)

It's not that hard either. The only thing one needs is time. And love! :D

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 12:34:43 AM »
Well, I translated some of an earlier issue of yours (Issue 1?)  and could still translate some more of it. Unfortunately, there are some words and expressions I don't understand. I couldn't understand the short story in that issue and I don't understand the headline on your latest issue. What does the headline say? BTW, there are some classic Swedish magazines called "Dator" on a site called something like Amiga Treasure.

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 05:20:50 AM »
Quote from: Yasu;731015
This magazine is a work of love. No one receives any money from it. Everything goes back to the magazine. I would love to have it translated into English but I barely have time doing it in Swedish. Plus my native language isn't English so someone else would have to translate it.

On a related note, we don't want to compete with Amiga Future either. That is an international magazine and we are a Swedish magazine. This means that it's mostly Swede-centric. It's written by Swedes for a Swedish market. Most topics may be of interest for English speakers nevertheless but alas, no time for translation ...

Some other people have pointed out that it's more fun being able to read a small magazine like an Amiga magazine in their native language. So the question is not if we should have more English Amiga magazines but if we should have more Amiga magazines in other languages. I think there should :)

OK, I see. In that case, I'd be willing to translate or at least help with the translation in exchange for something other than money. In this case it could be in exchange for some classic or even modern Amiga hardware, software, books, magazines, or some media about Swedish language or culture. This could include a hard drive or other upgrades for my Amiga A500 Plus computer, various other Amiga hardware, such as an A1200 or A1200 components, and Swedish books and magazines, about various subjects, including the Amiga and other computers, as well as video files of Swedish TV programmes, including soap operas. How about it? What have you got which I might be interested in?

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 05:39:30 AM »
Quote from: Yasu;731015

OK, I see. In that case, I'd be willing to translate or at least help with the translation in exchange for something other than money. I will also translate some more of your first issue, which you've already posted, in the near future. I  would be interested in an exchange for Amiga and Swedish language and culture related items. This could include some classic or even modern Amiga hardware, software, books, magazines, and some media about Swedish language or culture. This could include a hard drive or other upgrades for my Amiga A500 Plus computer, various other Amiga hardware, such as an A1200 or A1200 components, and Swedish books and magazines, about various subjects, including the Amiga and other computers, as well as video files of Swedish TV programmes, or VPN access to Swedish TV, including soap operas which I haven't got access to at the moment. How about it? What have you got which I might be interested in? I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Of course, I'd also want you to mention my name and contact details on an English translation of Amiga Forum magazine, in the hope that someone else would contact me about doing some other Swedish to English translation work.