Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Swedish Amiga Magazine - AMIGA FORUM #4 - Out now!  (Read 3170 times)

Description:

Offline YasuTopic starter

• Show only replies by Yasu
Swedish Amiga Magazine - AMIGA FORUM #4 - Out now!
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:52:22 PM »
The latest issue of AMIGA FORUM has just left the printing press. This 20 page issue (12 in colour) writes about Datastorm, CDTV, news, games, Scene Fiction and other topics. The magazine can be ordered from www.amigaforum.se in a few days. Members of Swedish User Group of Amiga (SUGA, www.suga.se) gets the magazine for free.

AMIGA FORUM is the only Amiga Magazine in Sweden and comes out 4 times a year. The magazine is entirely in Swedish.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:42:56 PM by eliyahu »

Offline Faerytale

• Show only replies by Faerytale
Re: Swedish Amiga Magazine - AMIGA FORUM #4 - Out now!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
How many read swedish? Or shall we just watch the pictures?

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 10:56:51 PM »
Quote from: Faerytale;730437

I am sure 100% you are unaware of this...but reading your reply you literally (not joking here) made me laugh out loud. Just simply close your eyes and imagine that I literally in real life, laughed out loud. Not that you care but felt like sharing :)

Offline YasuTopic starter

• Show only replies by Yasu
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 11:07:49 PM »
Not many read Swedish, true. But most Swedes speak English well so a lot of Swedish Amiga owners hangs around English speaking forums. So telling people about it here is not as strange as you might think.

Plus if you look at the bigger picture: isn't it fun, even if you can't read the content, to know that there actually is a new magazine out there for Amiga owners and even for an obscure language like Swedish? Or am I wrong to assume this?

Offline Johan Samuelsson

• Show only replies by Johan Samuelsson
    • http://www.ponnyslakteriet.com/uprough
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 11:15:37 PM »
Yasu, nope, you are totally right!
.\\\\ Spot / Up Rough Soundsystem //.
check it ---> http://www.uprough.net

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 12:46:27 AM »
Quote from: Faerytale;730437

9.5 million Swedes, 5 million Norwegians, 5.5 million Danes, 450,000 Swedish Finns, 60,000 Greenlanders, 320,000 Icelanders and 50,000 Faeroese probably.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline zipper

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »
Me and other finnish Finns that learned something because of the obligatory Swedish at school.

Offline Faerytale

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 07:22:10 PM »
Quote from: Yasu;730443
Not many read Swedish, true. But most Swedes speak English well so a lot of Swedish Amiga owners hangs around English speaking forums. So telling people about it here is not as strange as you might think.

Plus if you look at the bigger picture: isn't it fun, even if you can't read the content, to know that there actually is a new magazine out there for Amiga owners and even for an obscure language like Swedish? Or am I wrong to assume this?

Why not just translate it to english? Swedish can read english?

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »
@faerytale

Your comments are totally stupid, i dont know where are you from, but maybe from a english speaking country... and english is just another language more, accept it.
a1200 060

Offline Faerytale

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;730572
@faerytale

Your comments are totally stupid, i dont know where are you from, but maybe from a english speaking country... and english is just another language more, accept it.

yes I know u are 2 :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 01:36:54 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;730572
@faerytale

I don't think he is English as when we speak to foreigners we speak LOUDLY AND SLOWLY! ;)

There is only one English speaking country by the way and that is Mother England, those colonials just speak pidgin. ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 03:07:57 AM »
Before we go with full blown geographical bashing...let us return here for a second. He has a point however, his point is...he wishes to read the magazine..he wishes to understand the content of the magazine therefore if there was an English and Swedish version I do not see there being wrong here. The thing is...we are lacking in a good English Amiga magazine and it would be super cool to read some magazine about Amiga in English.

I do not think it is a crime. If it is, please paste the legal law that says reading Amiga magazine in English is a crime...and I will be in your side so as not to go to jail.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 08:43:55 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;730605
Before we go with full blown geographical bashing...let us return here for a second. He has a point however, his point is...he wishes to read the magazine..he wishes to understand the content of the magazine therefore if there was an English and Swedish version I do not see there being wrong here. The thing is...we are lacking in a good English Amiga magazine and it would be super cool to read some magazine about Amiga in English.

I do not think it is a crime. If it is, please paste the legal law that says reading Amiga magazine in English is a crime...and I will be in your side so as not to go to jail.

The point is that not everyone understands English [edited], nor should they have to.

edit by mods: defamatory comments are absolutely not permitted on this site. if you want to bash an entire nation of people, do it elsewhere.

edit by me: I do hope whoever complained is British as the irony of a foreigner being offended at a white Englishman "insulting" himself is hilarious! :roflmao:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:19:14 PM by nicholas »

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »
@AmigaClassicRule

try amiga future if you're looking for an english-language amiga magazine.  some of the articles are translated from german, but the magazine is always a good read. well, at least in my opinion. :)

@thread

the last few posts have taken a detour into discussing the merits of a particular language and people. let's stop this right now before it gets out of hand, m'kay?

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline nicholas

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »
taken to PM....
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:56:04 PM by eliyahu »