Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interview with Wayne Hunt  (Read 3246 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show all replies
Re: Interview with Wayne Hunt
« on: August 27, 2009, 06:07:34 PM »
I was showing off my iPhone 3GS to folks last night and realised that I hadn't had that much enthusiasm for a tech toy since my Amiga 1000.  I think the market and the interest has moved.  Laptops are sooooooo 2007.....

Quote from: Delta;521096
"Now at 43, computers in general don't hold any special interest for me. A case of "been there, done that" syndrome I suppose."

I know what you mean buddy, its exactly the way I've been feeling for the past years...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline persia

• Show all replies
Re: Interview with Wayne Hunt
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:28:31 PM »
I'd just be happy if they got the 3G network covering the cities, i frequently drop into 2G even in Sydney, and it's dog slow compared to 3G.  I don't think the mobile phone folks know what 4G is yet, the standard won't even be approved before 2012 to 2015.

My guess is Apple will come up with a new naming convention for the iPhone. I can't see them staying with a name for that long waiting for the new technology and then use 4G when 4G networks become available...

Here in Australia they finance the phone as well, so you pay nothing upfront and pay off the phone during your contract as art of the monthly fee, that's what got me a 3GS...

I look forward to the iPad, small is beautiful ;)

Quote from: Wayne;521117
Exactly.  I want a 3GS but can't afford the $400 upgrade fee, so I'll just wait until the 4G or whatever's coming..

For me, things like the 3G and netbooks, and little devices which hold more power than the Amiga ever did are the new thing.  I just wish I could figure out how to develop for the App Store to make a couple hundred grand.  :)

Is anyone selling an "idiots guide to iPhone programming" course out there (preferably video-based)?

Wayne
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.