Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Take 2 Animation software gifted to the Amiga Community  (Read 5828 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: Take 2 Animation software gifted to the Amiga Community
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 20, 2015, 11:25:06 PM »
Quote from: Thorham;797622
Finally something written in a REAL language :cool:

Again, one of those rare times I agree with Thorham.
68K assembly may have been the last machine code worth the trouble of learning.

And well written assembly code is SO much more efficient than a compiled higher language that it really made a difference in the old days.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline agami

• Show only replies by agami
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 01:50:42 AM »
and call me in the morning.
---------------AGA Collection---------------
1) Amiga A4000 040 40MHz, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 3 3000, Creative PCI128, Fast Ethernet, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
2) Amiga A1200 040 25MHz, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, IDEfix, PCMCIA WiFi, slim slot load DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
3) Amiga CD32 + SX1, OS 3.1

Offline kamelito

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 07:14:01 AM »
Quote from: Acill;797790
So maybe some custom code to make the digitization device work, that would be nice.

I'm not aware of digitizer for NG Amiga is there any? You maybe mean plugin the Vidi digitizer to an NG Amiga? It is a parallel device.
Kamelito

Offline trilobyte

• Show only replies by trilobyte
    • http://aaack.org
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 03:50:04 PM »
Quote from: dschallock;796667
Take 2 animation software written by Geert Vergauwe has generously been gifted to the Amiga community.

When I bought a second-hand A4000T in ~2001, its former owner included his licensed copy of Take_2 with the manual, and told me to be sure and explore what a powerful and magical program it is.  He and a creative partner had professionally been making line-test animations with it.  For some reason, I was always intimidated by its interface, and put off learning it until recently.  It truly is one of the greatest animation creation and presentation tools on the Amiga!

I've put online the manual as it existed with my licensed copy.  The manual is ... let's say, scattershot, in this edition.  There is a "chapter 2" mentioned, with an outline of its contents, but seemingly no contents at all.  There are also buttons in the user interface which are not documented, at all, from what I can tell.  That said, there is still much to learn from reading the manual cover-to-cover.

Here's the URL to the manual:  https://archive.org/details/take2manual

It's also worth mentioning that Take_2 includes a script to load its animations onto a PAR running version 2.5 or higher.

A couple of things I haven't figured out:

* the three little buttons that look like boxes with legs on the digitizer screen
* what are the supported resolutions for the frameboard?  Sometimes I can't use the frameboard because it says unsupported resolution
* the spacebar is listed as clearing your selection, and sometimes this is the case, but othertimes it has moved cells from one level to another
* the button on the cells panel in the middle row and right column -- not sure what it does

Other things I will probably have to learn through exploration, like whether I can combine two pictures with 8-color palettes and have the program automatically merge them into a 16-color palette...?
Amiga user since \'96, when I could finally afford one
Commodore 8-bit since before I could tie my shoes

Offline Rob

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 06:39:32 PM »
Quote from: kamelito;797804
I'm not aware of digitizer for NG Amiga is there any? You maybe mean plugin the Vidi digitizer to an NG Amiga? It is a parallel device.
Kamelito

You can use a TV card as a frame grabber.  Elbox made a VHI driver which allowed you to use VHI Studio to grab images from compatible TV cards.

It's a shame their isn't an equivalent API available now.

Offline kamelito

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2017, 07:45:14 PM »
I'm wondering if a parallel to usb cable can do the job?
Sure not exactly up to date solution but if it is feasible it might then be not too hard to use Vidi digitizer under NG computers.
Kamelito