Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What classic machines do you use ?  (Read 5283 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fizTopic starter

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
Re: What classic machines do you use ?
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 22, 2011, 02:15:28 PM »
Personally Im quite pleased with these results. The 2 main game projects Im working on I intended to make for ecs/1meg/68000 with a few extra gfx and sounds for users with 2 meg chip ram, and one that I expect to be a bit heavier, targetting an '030 + fast ram, with a few extra effects for faster cpus, so these results where pleasantly surprising. Id actually expected there to be very little interest in lower spec systems, and also I expected the average AGA machine to be slightly lower spec, but it panned out a good match  :)
Now I just need to actually finish them  :)  (not sure if anyone read about me planning to release something at the end of the month, but Im still holding myself to it (dont expect too much though, it's just a quick "clear the cobwebs" type project for now:))
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 02:18:42 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;623737
Now I just need to actually finish them  :)  (not sure if anyone read about me planning to release something at the end of the month, but Im still holding myself to it (dont expect too much though, it's just a quick "clear the cobwebs" type project for now:))

Don't worry I haven't forgotten and await eagerly to see what you come up with... :)

(PS:just remember if you don't hold to your deadline they'll be posts all over the place saying this is all just hype and vapourware... :D)

Offline Florida

• Show only replies by Florida
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 02:22:38 PM »
Great poll...Thank you 'fishy_fiz' for setting it up!

Offline motrucker

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 02:58:54 PM »
I know I posted in this thread. Where'd it go? Am I getting that old?
My vote may not help much. These days I use a trusty old A1000 with 2.5Mb of RAM most, with AmiKit coming in a close second. I also have an A2000 with an 040, 32Mb of RAM, OS 3.5, FF/SD, CD ROM (internal).
I still love em all, even AmiKit.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 04:07:46 PM »
Lots of AGA in the poll to make me happy :)

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 02:42:23 AM »
I've got an A500 and a CD32 now, both NTSC.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 04:04:18 AM »
Quote from: kedawa;623990
I've got an A500 and a CD32 now, both NTSC.

How much trouble is an NTSC CD32 ? Aren't most of the titles PAL or is it not so much of a problem?

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 02:08:42 PM »
Pity this poll was removed to be replaced with a poll about ruddy mobile phones as it has produced some very good data on what specs current Amiga users have running... :(

Still from the responses given and the data it provides then it gives programers a good idea of just what resources folk have when writing new progs that they may wish to share on the likes of AmiNet... :)

(Would have liked to see it run longer though... :()

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 02:16:29 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;623737
Personally Im quite pleased with these results. The 2 main game projects Im working on I intended to make for ecs/1meg/68000 with a few extra gfx and sounds for users with 2 meg chip ram, and one that I expect to be a bit heavier, targetting an '030 + fast ram, with a few extra effects for faster cpus, so these results where pleasantly surprising. Id actually expected there to be very little interest in lower spec systems, and also I expected the average AGA machine to be slightly lower spec, but it panned out a good match  :)
This would be nice. It seems like a whole lot of the newer games on Aminet are for OS4/MOS with SDL and such...it'd be nice to see more projects targeting lower-end 68k machines (one of my personal goals :))
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup