Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution  (Read 10414 times)

Description:

Offline stefcep

• Show all replies
Re: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution
« on: May 26, 2005, 01:41:05 AM »
I firmly believe the most popular console is the one that gets pirated the most or how easy it is to do this. It happened with the Amiga and later the PC, later the PSone and Xbox and Ps2. Console games are overpriced ( some say they are overpriced because of piracy, and others will say pircay exists because they are overpriced) and so people will always want to mod the machines to play "back ups".  The easier it is to do this the more popular the system.
I think if games were more affordable it would not be worth your while to use pirated software.  Look at DVD's:  In Australia DVD's were worth about $50 a few years ago, but sales were low and there was alot of pirated stuff out there.  But now the average is about $20 and pirates sell theirs for $10-$15 its not worth buying the pirated ones.

Offline stefcep

• Show all replies
Re: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 01:20:04 PM »
GC a winner?  not sure, is it easier to pirate its software relative to xBox and PS2?  If yes I think you will find alot of consoles will be sold but not as much software.  I think the relationship between piracy and popularity is alot stronger than you think.  I know 14-16 year old PSone owners wih 300-400 games.  You think they paid $50-$70 Aus each game?  Where did they get between $15000 and $28000 from?  Hate to admit this, but in the Amigas halcyon days the easy availabilty of pirate games floppies was THE reason most of my friends and everyone else at User clubs chose Amiga. We learnt later just what a good machine it was for serious stuff...