Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 2000  (Read 2566 times)

Description:

Offline paul1981

Re: Amiga 2000
« on: December 21, 2014, 10:39:58 AM »
Quote from: mrmoonlight;780287
Hi just a quick update ,whilst I take a break from plumbing ,I managed to fit the roms ok ,and booted up with just the harddrive and one floppy connected and I am afraid no drive showed up ,I even tried just the harddrive as that has os 3.5 but nothing again only the floppy screen ,so I think I will buy a Buddha from Amigakit  as I already have a new TrueIDE and loads of cf cards which I would prefer ,giving the noise that one of the other drives makes which is being returned ,I am not sure this option is the best one, but both my A1200 and A600 run off cf cards and they run wonderfully well ,so as soon as Amigakit have sorted me a Buddha out ,I will buy one ,best wishes Brian:):):)

I haven't been following this thread closely, but I wouldn't be giving up so easily on your SCSI setup. SCSI is a faster solution for slow computers, and your A2000 definitely falls into this category. Plus, learning all this stuff will become useful to you, and it's all part of the experience.
There's plenty of people here to help you, so there's no need to worry about getting stuck on anything. :)