Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut  (Read 8493 times)

Description:

Offline cinemawareTopic starter

• Show only replies by cinemaware
Re: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut
« Reply #44 from previous page: August 12, 2012, 10:22:55 PM »
On the Kickstarter-Page you can listen to a Clip from the new soundtrack. we are also adding new levels and story elements. So it isnt just a "redo"

Offline quenthal

• Show only replies by quenthal
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »
Quote from: cinemaware;703167
On the Kickstarter-Page you can listen to a Clip from the new soundtrack. we are also adding new levels and story elements. So it isnt just a "redo"

I'll be waiting for iOS version, thank you! :)
A4000/CSPPC&060

Offline zylesea

• Show only replies by zylesea
    • http://www.via-altera.de
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 10:48:52 PM »
Quote from: cinemaware;703131
Okay, we take a first step. We just announced also the Linux and Mac OS Version. Yes, and we can call it "Director's Cut" as Ken Melville, the writer and composer of Wings, is on Board. Okay, it is a writer's cut then, but serious?

Since the game does not feature highestly demanding gfx and you just announced support for OS X and Linux it doesn't seem too unlikely to me you may happen to use some SDL library. If so, you can rather easily do a MorphOS, AROS and AmigaOS4 version, SDL is available for these systems, too.

Offline AJCopland

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2012, 09:30:48 AM »
@cinemaware
Looks good, best of luck with the kickstarter campaign!
Be Positive towards the Amiga community!

Offline Cass

• Show only replies by Cass
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »
'Azz'! Raylight Studios, a SW company in Naples!
"Jammo, jammo 'ncoppa, jammo jà"

Viva ragazzi!
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"

Offline nscaleworld

• Show only replies by nscaleworld
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 12:02:28 PM »
Quote from: cinemaware;702898
Hi there,

in the last days we talked about a big announcement and now its time. Today we start our Kickstarter Campaign for a HD-Edition of Wings. This Wings: Directors´s Cut will also have new levels and story element. Release, if this campaign is successfull, should be Feb. 2013 and will be released for PC(windows and mac, Tablets and mobile devices (Android and iOS).

Here the link to our campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-directors-cut

So please spread out the word for this campaign. Post it, tweet it, tell your grandma :)

To be honest with you, I thought your games sucked as far as game-play.  They do have nice graphics and sound, but, that is not enough to make them fun to play.  Game-playability is the most important part of any game.  Many Amiga games had great graphics and sound, but, after I played them for about 5 minutes, I stopped and never played them again.  BTW, I have all of your games, like new with their original boxes.
Amiga 500 (like new in box) , Amiga 2000 (like new in box) , Amiga 2500 (like new in box) , Amiga 3000T (like new) , 2 - Amiga 500 Towers , AmigaOne with OS 4.1

Offline Haranguer

• Show only replies by Haranguer
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »
Wings wasn't my favourite.

Do It Came From The Desert and you've got me.

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2012, 04:44:13 AM »
I enjoyed the GBA version of Wings. Best of luck to the new custodians of the Cinemaware brand.

On a side note, Amiga.org has become a very hateful place. It's sad.

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 03:40:36 PM »
Today we made post an update, because there where many questions "why 350.000 USD"? In the link you can find a long text, which explains this ammount.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-directors-cut/posts/289376

@Trev: We can handle this :)

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »
Very good and honest explantion.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »
OK another day where I feel disgusted to have to admit to being a member of the human race.  Once again someone tries to bring back some of the old Amiga magic and is met by contempt and hate from people that do NOT HAVE A FRIGGIN CLUE about how things work.

To the mental GIANT that asked why did they come here to announce this project..
OF COURSE they would come here genius...  The original was an Amiga only game so the ONLY people that would give a rat's a$$ about it being remade are ex Amigans... Where would you go, a Texas Instruments Calculator symposium?

To all you selfish "I am entitled to whatever I want and I want it for nothing" folks..
You forever Bitch, piss and moan that no one ever develops anything for your precious Amiga and then point with SCORN saying they are "Trying to reap profits from our beloved Amiga memory."  Well no EFFING $hit genius...  The FACTS are that the only way they can provide ANY product is if they can make money doing it...  So OF COURSE they are trying to make money. And if they make a decent product I HOPE THEY DO MAKE A LOT OF MONEY AS THEY DESERVE IT

I get so effing tired of people hating companies and individuals because they are successful...  Get off your own collective a$$es and do something worthwhile and MAYBE you can be successful too.  Until then stop trying to bring down the World because you are a sorry sore, jealous, lazy a$$.

I for one commend these folks for taking a risk and attempting to provide a continuation for a classic game that I for one hold dear...  Thanks folks and I will be supporting you..

Offline recedent

• Show only replies by recedent
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 09:35:09 PM »
Quote from: outlawal2;703840
Once again someone tries to bring back some of the old Amiga magic

Hey, there's a lot of this magic around lately: Look - The Settlers 7, Worms Revolution - why haven't I seen a single news on Amiga.org concerning these brilliant and full of "Amiga magic" pieces of software?

I don't care if the new Cinemaware makes money on their new PC game or not. I guess they should if they DESERVE it - that would be fair. But I won't shed a tear if they don't.

And one more thing: Where, my dear and beloved brother did ANYONE in this thread (not counting you) write anything about making an Amiga-oid version of Wings: DC FOR FREE?

Offline Sandman

• Show only replies by Sandman
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:48 PM »
Quote from: outlawal2;703840
OK another day where I feel disgusted to have to admit to being a member of the human race.  Once again someone tries to bring back some of the old Amiga magic and is met by contempt and hate from people that do NOT HAVE A FRIGGIN CLUE about how things work.

To the mental GIANT that asked why did they come here to announce this project..
OF COURSE they would come here genius...  The original was an Amiga only game so the ONLY people that would give a rat's a$$ about it being remade are ex Amigans... Where would you go, a Texas Instruments Calculator symposium?

To all you selfish "I am entitled to whatever I want and I want it for nothing" folks..
You forever Bitch, piss and moan that no one ever develops anything for your precious Amiga and then point with SCORN saying they are "Trying to reap profits from our beloved Amiga memory."  Well no EFFING $hit genius...  The FACTS are that the only way they can provide ANY product is if they can make money doing it...  So OF COURSE they are trying to make money. And if they make a decent product I HOPE THEY DO MAKE A LOT OF MONEY AS THEY DESERVE IT

I get so effing tired of people hating companies and individuals because they are successful...  Get off your own collective a$$es and do something worthwhile and MAYBE you can be successful too.  Until then stop trying to bring down the World because you are a sorry sore, jealous, lazy a$$.

I for one commend these folks for taking a risk and attempting to provide a continuation for a classic game that I for one hold dear...  Thanks folks and I will be supporting you..

You hit it right on the head here! +1.  

Some just will never seem to get it and just need to whine.....  Whoops, I gotta log-off here before all that Microsoft spam starts. Friggin insane.......

Offline vonshep

• Show only replies by vonshep
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 04:49:08 AM »
Quote from: Sandman;703883
You hit it right on the head here! +1.  

Some just will never seem to get it and just need to whine.....  Whoops, I gotta log-off here before all that Microsoft spam starts. Friggin insane.......

Agreed. I love the Amiga, but I'm quite happy with my PC. I think I've had more fun with building my own PC with the stuff I want and customizing it, than I did back in the Amiga days trying to get it to emulate a Mac or PC. Heck, I can even emulate a better Amiga with my PC than my original Amiga. (The only difference is that I can't use the Toaster Flyer.)

I loved Wings and Rocket Ranger. I bought Defender of the Crown for my PC, and would buy the other two games in a heartbeat if they were available. I'm not going to fund the kickstarter program, though. I've seen these funding projects go sour too many times, and I'm not going to just toss my money away at vaporware. Make the products for the PC, and you've got yourself a buyer.

And I can see why they posted here. I still read tons of articles here, because I loved the Amiga and always hope that something great will return. I wouldn't have known about Wings HD if I hadn't have come here.

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 03:26:17 PM »
Okay, so here where a couple of guys who said "if there will a amiga port, i will pledge". So please open your wallet, we got an annoucment to make.

Any devoloper who is interested in porting the version can contact us, so the finished version will be available for for an amiga port.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-directors-cut/posts/291737?ref=email&show_token=102ceec299ae3107

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
What do you mean by Amiga OS here? 68k or AmigaOS (PPC) or Aros or MorphOS?