Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut  (Read 8498 times)

Description:

Offline Sandman

• Show all replies
Re: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut
« on: August 11, 2012, 11:04:36 PM »
Quote from: recedent;703024
If that's the case then what the heck they're doing posting on Amiga.org forum? Their message is like: "Hey, we are Cinemaware, and our company used to make games for Amiga. You know what? We need your money so that we could do a fantastic remake for iOS/PC/Whatever-not-Amiga, so come on and pledge". Maybe in a week or two we'll get a news item by Microsoft CEO: "Hi, our company made a stunning version of Amiga BASIC once, so go now and buy Windows 8/9/X/whatever"?

They posted on Amiga.org probably because the OLD Cinemaware made a game called "Wings" for the Amiga eon's ago. Now it appears they are attempting to do something new with it on another platform(s) and posted here for some of us nostalgic types familiar with the Amiga to possibly take an interest.  

Is that really so hard to figure out?

I know, let's attack them for it..... sheesh.

As far as plugging this back in to the Old (or for that matter NEW) Amiga hardware, get real.
Maybe I should dig my old typewriter out and then get ticked at the local tech store that they don't support it anymore and don't have any parts.  Heck, there are probably 20 typewriter users in my metropolitan area!  The nerve of those people not to support us!

Boo-hoo, Amiga is dead, enjoy it for the nostalgia ride that it is and tinker with new add-on's, etc. but dont' get too delusional people.  The ship has sailed.

Offline Sandman

• Show all replies
Re: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:48 PM »
Quote from: outlawal2;703840
OK another day where I feel disgusted to have to admit to being a member of the human race.  Once again someone tries to bring back some of the old Amiga magic and is met by contempt and hate from people that do NOT HAVE A FRIGGIN CLUE about how things work.

To the mental GIANT that asked why did they come here to announce this project..
OF COURSE they would come here genius...  The original was an Amiga only game so the ONLY people that would give a rat's a$$ about it being remade are ex Amigans... Where would you go, a Texas Instruments Calculator symposium?

To all you selfish "I am entitled to whatever I want and I want it for nothing" folks..
You forever Bitch, piss and moan that no one ever develops anything for your precious Amiga and then point with SCORN saying they are "Trying to reap profits from our beloved Amiga memory."  Well no EFFING $hit genius...  The FACTS are that the only way they can provide ANY product is if they can make money doing it...  So OF COURSE they are trying to make money. And if they make a decent product I HOPE THEY DO MAKE A LOT OF MONEY AS THEY DESERVE IT

I get so effing tired of people hating companies and individuals because they are successful...  Get off your own collective a$$es and do something worthwhile and MAYBE you can be successful too.  Until then stop trying to bring down the World because you are a sorry sore, jealous, lazy a$$.

I for one commend these folks for taking a risk and attempting to provide a continuation for a classic game that I for one hold dear...  Thanks folks and I will be supporting you..

You hit it right on the head here! +1.  

Some just will never seem to get it and just need to whine.....  Whoops, I gotta log-off here before all that Microsoft spam starts. Friggin insane.......