Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut  (Read 8486 times)

Description:

Offline recedent

• Show all replies
Re: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut
« on: August 11, 2012, 08:29:59 AM »
Well... Isn't it kinda cheeky to post at amigans forum and ask for a support for iOS/Android/PC version of your game?

Better tell us what would be the overall cost of a version for AmigaOS/MorphOS/AROS. Then open a kickstarter project for it and come back here to advertise it.

Offline recedent

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »

It is definitely cheeky to ask a company who's doing a Kickstarter campaign to get started to do a port to a system with a miniscule user base..  ;-)

If that's the case then what the heck they're doing posting on Amiga.org forum? Their message is like: "Hey, we are Cinemaware, and our company used to make games for Amiga. You know what? We need your money so that we could do a fantastic remake for iOS/PC/Whatever-not-Amiga, so come on and pledge". Maybe in a week or two we'll get a news item by Microsoft CEO: "Hi, our company made a stunning version of Amiga BASIC once, so go now and buy Windows 8/9/X/whatever"?

Offline recedent

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:07:16 PM »
I think they figured that a lot of us Amiga fans also have iOS, Android and PCs, and yet still remember Cinemaware fondly...

You just gave an excuse to Microsoft (and probably a dozen of other software companies) to spam Amiga.org with their commercials. Good job :crazy:

Offline recedent

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
Quote from: desiv;703029
So they were waiting for me???

You know what I'm talking about - Cinemaware is no way better than any remake-it-yourself-former-Amiga company. No reason to debate about its plans and products, moreover - I don't believe this announcement deserves a news item on the main page. Or maybe we'd all like to read about new versions of Lightwave, Prince of Persia, or Worms?

Offline recedent

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 09:35:09 PM »
Quote from: outlawal2;703840
Once again someone tries to bring back some of the old Amiga magic

Hey, there's a lot of this magic around lately: Look - The Settlers 7, Worms Revolution - why haven't I seen a single news on Amiga.org concerning these brilliant and full of "Amiga magic" pieces of software?

I don't care if the new Cinemaware makes money on their new PC game or not. I guess they should if they DESERVE it - that would be fair. But I won't shed a tear if they don't.

And one more thing: Where, my dear and beloved brother did ANYONE in this thread (not counting you) write anything about making an Amiga-oid version of Wings: DC FOR FREE?

Offline recedent

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »
Quote from: cinemaware;704411
Okay, so here where a couple of guys who said "if there will a amiga port, i will pledge". So please open your wallet, we got an annoucement to make.

Bra-vo. Hmm... I guess I'll just put my money where my mouth is. Thank you. I'm waiting eagerly for an AmigaOS/MorphOS port.