Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A sad day  (Read 5197 times)

Description:

Offline SACC-guy

Re: A sad day
« on: May 30, 2017, 10:51:58 PM »
So many distinctions and distractions..

Has This thread has been about profit (theirs or ours) or who do you love?
At first AOTL and it%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8217;s need to show it%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8217;s anger when that was threatened???
And as the threads continued to show that love in

%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8220;As the Amiga World Turned%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8221;.

First, for your consideration..

Is and has AmigaKit been a %&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8220;retail%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8221; store selling various products? Yes.
Has AmigaKit been based in England? Yes.
Has it been a problem for Amigans in the U.S.? Yes.
Has it done a perfect job. No. Not bad but not perfect.
Over all, Matthew was considered a saving grace for most Amigans after ALL the amiga stores closed.
At that time we loved Matthew as the owner of AmigaKit.

But now, AmigaKit is perceived as a distributor (and other things), by selling to other retail stores.
By luck and intent, Matthew is an owner of a store, AmigaKit. He also became a distributor as well as a partner in a manufacturing company A-Eon. Why? He was one of the few willing to risk his money!

But, as these companies all are different legal entities.

With the advent of the Internet, we are offered items to buy from the manufactures, distributors and the retail stores, even individuals.
So%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8230;
AmigaKit gets to sell to us.
A-Eon gets to choose to have AmigaKit distribute.
If you don%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8217;t like this close arrangement, just buy out Matthew (or Trevor)

One of the reasons we love AOTL was that Aaron (good cust service) but his prices weren%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8217;t great.
I know I wanted to support him as a new dealer so I bought a video card and other stuff. Another reason, the extra cost of freight might be lower (Iggy/Jim likes the fact he could drive to the store and save freight and return broken things without the hassle of return freight etc.) That%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8217;s why he loves AOTL, at this time) Might not be the case if AOTL was in CA.

But Consider freight, which we don%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8217;t love, it cost money to get things (people too) somewhere..trucks, trains, planes, fuel, drivers etc. Still have to pay.. even if it says free shipping

Next thing to consider is this business AOTL stating %&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8220;in any way, shape or form%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8221; WOW!
I remember the days when the discounters lobbied to change the keystone retail prices here in CA.
The retailers hated it undercutting their prices. Then the law changed, then it was the discounters hating other dealers undercutting their profit. And so forth%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8230;

A-Eon (Trevor) paid what was needed to make brand new custom boards,
AmigaKit (Matthew) has to manage his costs to be able to sell those boards.
AOTL (Aaron) has to manage his business.

Trevor, just Thanks. I love my X5000!!!

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 10:55:45 PM »
So many distinctions and distractions..

Has This thread has been about profit (theirs or ours) or who do you love?
At first AOTL and its need to show it;s anger when that was threatened?
And as the threads continued to show that love in

;As the Amiga World Turned
First, for your consideration..

Is and has AmigaKit been a  store selling various products? Yes.
Has AmigaKit been based in Wales (okay)? Yes.
Has it been a problem for Amigans in the U.S.? Yes.
Has it done a perfect job. No. Not bad but not perfect.
Over all, Matthew was considered a saving grace for most Amigans after ALL the amiga stores closed.
At that time we loved Matthew as the owner of AmigaKit.

But now, AmigaKit is perceived as a distributor (and other things), by selling to other retail stores.
By luck and intent, Matthew is an owner of a store, AmigaKit. He also became a distributor as well as a partner in a manufacturing company A-Eon. Why? He was one of the few willing to risk his money!

But, as these companies all are different legal entities.

With the advent of the Internet, we are offered items to buy from the manufactures, distributors and the retail stores, even individuals.
So
AmigaKit gets to sell to us.
A-Eon gets to choose to have AmigaKit distribute.
If you dont like this close arrangement, just buy out Matthew (or Trevor)

One of the reasons we love AOTL was that Aaron (good cust service) but his prices werent great.
I know I wanted to support him as a new dealer so I bought a video card and other stuff. Another reason, the extra cost of freight might be lower (Iggy/Jim likes the fact he could drive to the store and save freight and return broken things without the hassle of return freight etc.) Thats why he loves AOTL, at this time) Might not be the case if AOTL was in CA.

But Consider freight, which we dont love, it cost money to get things (people too) somewhere..trucks, trains, planes, fuel, drivers etc. Still have to pay.. even if it says free shipping

Next thing to consider is this business AOTL stating ;in any way, shape or form; WOW!
I remember the days when the discounters lobbied to change the keystone retail prices here in CA.
The retailers hated it undercutting their prices. Then the law changed, then it was the discounters hating other dealers undercutting their profit. And so forth

A-Eon (Trevor) paid what was needed to make brand new custom boards,
AmigaKit (Matthew) has to manage his costs to be able to sell those boards.
AOTL (Aaron) has to manage his business.

Trevor, just Thanks. I love my X5000!!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:44:45 AM by SACC-guy »

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 12:14:43 AM »
Iggy said"
"Could Aaron have dropped AmigaKit hardware without complaint or explanation?
"Yeah, but if this somewhat forensic analysis is correct, in his place I'm not sure I would either.

So, a limited supply of a product with a %&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!ty margin?
Sounds like a good reason to complain."

I said"
If there were lots of options...maybe!

But in business, a one and only one (you do know AEon is the only place to get x5000 and AmigaKit is the source) option is the wrong place to show your emotions.
Going with the cutting nose to spite face...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:19:37 AM by SACC-guy »

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 12:43:40 AM »
I'm on the correct side of the pond...give me a break.
the whole UK thing and what the maps call England is your issue (lol)

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 12:45:45 AM »
Too right!

Tis better to have erred and lost...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:46:43 AM by SACC-guy »

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 01:12:51 AM »
Quote from: BozzerBigD;826450
@Sacc-Guy

Buy a better map then Yankee boy. I'm not about to assume Sacramento is in Texas just because they shout the loudest am I because I understand that you are the 'United' States just as we are the 'United' Kingdom. Both the words 'United' stand for an amalgam of constituent states or nations that are stronger together but different in their history and in the case of Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and England constitute different races of people with different cultures and traditions. It's not just the difference between Texans liking rodeo and Californians liking surfing :-)
Tell it to the colon-ists. (really big grin)

My maps don't have any of those place names.

aka laughing boy (what is that guy in the red shirt doing?)

BTW, I fixit already
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:15:14 AM by SACC-guy »

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 03:08:08 AM »
Quote from: Motormouth;826468

The UK vs USA thing.  
2)    I personally, as an American, value our close relationship as countries and Allies :-).  We, Americans, and the British Commonwealth nations (canada-uk-nz-australia) do share in a common past and common culture.

Enough of the touchy feeling stuff

Yes the whole UK-GB-England thing is very confusing to us on this side of the pond.  I would guess to say that the average American does not know the difference between the three.  Ie if England-Wales-Scotland-Northern Ireland are one country, why do they have separate world cup teams.  It would be like the US having 50 different teams.

I remember as a kid wondering why the British union jack looked different during the American Revolutionary War than it does today, (ie missing a half of a red cross).
and where is the Welsh flag in the British union jack?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack

Further confusing the issue was the use of the term Great Britain at the Olympics (ie the British Isles minus Ireland).
I think the refrences were mis read and the kidding around got out of hand...sorry
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:09:25 AM by SACC-guy »