Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A sad day  (Read 5069 times)

Description:

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: Now what?
« on: May 28, 2017, 02:17:37 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;826332
Unlike AmigaKit, which has misquoted me on the forum about a complaint before, Aaron has never abused my trust.
i have to agree 110%. aaron has been incredible at customer service, and i seriously doubt that this it it a coincidence that this happens once amigakit offers the X5000 system to US, GB, and EU customers. just look at the pricing, and then ask why AOTL might not be able to match it. aaron is a stand-up guy. he wouldn't pull any drama, and i have absolutely no doubt that he got tired of his treatment by amigakit, since they are the only source of A-EON stock to other dealers. i guess that means if i ever want to make another A-EON purchase, it will have to be via amigastore.eu instead.

i'm really sorry for aaron things turned out this way. :(

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:45:12 AM by eliyahu »
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: A sad day
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 11:28:35 PM »
Quote from: smerf;826387
All I have to say is for the past year I have been looking for the ACA500 plus for my Amiga 500. Now Amigakit USA had it listed by one method (internet search) but when you went there and tried to find it, it acts like it was never made, yet on Internet search it took me right to Amigakit, finally I gave up and went to Individual Computers where I bought one. Now A-eon is another story, why should I buy a computer for that price when Amiga Forever probably runs faster and better on a gaming computer. Ok so it isn't a real computer, but Amiga Forever has more backing then Aeon, and you don't need a special computer to run stuff on. Put quite plainly I can't afford to buy a 3000 buck computer that runs slower then a modern PC and I am an avid Amiga fan, and even worked for Commodore selling Amiga's because I believed in them, but at least they were affordable.

fair points, but i should point out that, no, despite belief to the contrary, a modern gaming PC with UAE does not run AOS4 faster than a X5000. oh, and it's not even $2,000, let alone $3,000. the A1222 should be much more reasonable, though.

that said -- the vampire is awfully hard to beat these days. if i had a spare amiga, that'd be my choice.

-- eliyahu

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: A sad day
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »
@thread

there's an article on the situation over at amitopia quoting various 'sources' on the situation. as always, without named sources, take this with a grain of salt, but it would certainly line up with the few available facts....

http://amitopia.com/amigaone-x5000-turbulence-in-the-amigaland/

-- eliyahu