Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bars&Pipes 1.19 released  (Read 2027 times)

Description:

Offline jumpshipTopic starter

• Show only replies by jumpship
    • http://onlyamiga.kicks-ass.net
Bars&Pipes 1.19 released
« on: February 14, 2003, 08:45:46 PM »
Tomas Hauerland writes:

New version of the best MIDI tool for composing the music Bars&Pipes was released [10.2.03]. B&P can control the newest MIDI synths like Yamaha CS2X - it has XG support through plugins. CAMD library is included.

Bugs removed:
switching between "normal" and "list" editor. Now the top of the event-list is real the next possible displayable event. (Bigger free ranges in the List-Editor are only to recognize by the values, they are NOT shown by the List-Editor.) horizontal-scrollers now are working right in: - Timeline - window

* TempoMap - window
    * MediaMadness - window
    * SongConstruction - window
    * Stepentry works now better
    * external synchronization with MIDI-clocks now works better
    * PopUp-Menu in the editors for the mostly used edit-functions added
    * checkmark gadgets have a new knob (not in the "classic"-version)
    * "Selective Toolize" window somewhat altered in the "classic"-version previous requester reinserted
    * LeadIn in Loop-Record-Mode is now working
    * name of the locale-file of the "classic"-version changed to: "BarsnPipesC.catalog", because they now different. So you may use both version, without problems with the locale. The version number of the classic version is jumped to 1.19 to have the same number in both versions.

Download: here

Source: GFX-Base

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
Re: Bars&Pipes 1.19 released
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 11:09:07 PM »
Nice!  :-)

I honestly didn't know that development of Bars&Pipes had begun again ...
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Alkemyst

• Show only replies by Alkemyst
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 04:26:04 AM »
Its been going on for a year or more now with many updates on my computer.

BnP1_10.lha
BnP1_11.lha
BnP1_13.lha
BnP1_15.lha
BnP1_17.lha
BNP1_19.ZIP
PowerTower A1200,060/80Mhz,Heatsink&Fan,66MBRam,PowerFlyerGold,50xCDRomdrive,250Zip,2.1GB&34GB HD,internal Scandoubler & FF,19\\"Monitor,Mediator,Voodoo3-3000,PaceSolo 56k ,PortJnr2,ZEKeys-XS,SMON ,Os3.9

Offline Dagon

• Show only replies by Dagon
    • http://www.amigasympan.gr/depa
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2003, 11:13:50 AM »
Cool ;-)

They should change the GUI though in something like Mac`s version.

Maybe with MUI? I know the functionality is what counts most but if he has any spare time it would be nice to get rid that low res and make it 1:1, and maybe put some icons more fancy :P With MUI it would have also help bubbles.

Just a thought, anyway thanks for supporting the Amiga community with applications like that :-)
\\"So we must exercise ourselves in the things which bring happiness, since, if that be present, we have everything, and, if that be absent, all our actions are directed towards attaining it\\" - Epicurus

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2003, 12:12:10 PM »
I thought Microsoft owned what was left of Bars&Pipes?
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline Alkemyst

• Show only replies by Alkemyst
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2003, 02:22:13 PM »
I thought Microsoft owned what was left of Bars&Pipes

They do but they released the source code.

Thats strange aint it :-)
PowerTower A1200,060/80Mhz,Heatsink&Fan,66MBRam,PowerFlyerGold,50xCDRomdrive,250Zip,2.1GB&34GB HD,internal Scandoubler & FF,19\\"Monitor,Mediator,Voodoo3-3000,PaceSolo 56k ,PortJnr2,ZEKeys-XS,SMON ,Os3.9

Offline amigau

• Show only replies by amigau
    • http://www.amigau.com
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2003, 08:45:01 PM »
M$  released it for free on Compuserve when they hired Todor Fay several years ago.  Another guy on geocities obtained the exe's and put them on his site for download for over a year, and was taking down his site when we came across it, so we offered to take over the download.

So if you want the 'classic' version, you can get it, SuperJAM!, related tools, etc. from us, and the newer version from the Germans working on it since.

http://www.amigau.com/c-music/barsandpipes.htm

we've had this download up now for several years and not a peep from Redmond, like they really care anyway.

kevin orme
amiga university
www.amigau.com

Offline Skippy

• Show only replies by Skippy
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2003, 10:40:44 PM »
When it became no longer available via Compuserve I decided to archive and make public:

http://www.amigarealm.com/amiga/amiaudio/au3.htm

El Skippingo
Squareroot of all fluffiness.

Offline amigau

• Show only replies by amigau
    • http://www.amigau.com
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2003, 09:04:39 AM »
I noticed your music-x download there also, with the disclaimer form - who ends up receiving that, if you don't mind my asking?  Does it go to whomever owns microillusions now, or someone else?

I ask because I discussed getting this program open-sourced with David Talin (the author) some time ago but he doesn't own the rights to it anymore and didn't want to pay a lawyer to track it all down just for that purpose. . .

he pointed me at the MeV project on BeOS that he started (and then left to others) which was essentially an updated Music-x

does anyone know how BTTR, ami-sector one, etc. got all that software licensed to be freeware, anyway?  I've always been curious - maybe it helps that a lot of the publishers were in the UK instead of the US. . .

kevin orme
amiga university
www.amigau.com