Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amy'05 Pics by Troika  (Read 10378 times)

Description:

Offline humppa

• Show all replies
Re: Amy'05 Pics by Troika
« on: September 17, 2006, 05:01:13 PM »
I don't wish to be rude, but if you don't like the design of the motherboard, you can vote with your $$ and not buy it. Otherwise when we demo Amy'05 working we hope you will have an open mind at that point.

Does the following schedule look realistic?

BB3/2005
Announced: Presentation of pre-production Amy'05
Reality: Nothing

BB4/2006
Announced: Presentation of Amy'05 prototype, later changed to "non-working prototype"
Reality: An empty booth

BB5/2007
Announced: Presentation of a working Amy'05 prototype
Reality: Presentation of a non-working prototype

BB6/2008
Announced: Presentation of a working Amy'05 prototype with an OS4-license
Reality: Presentation of a half-working Amy'05 prototype that crashes at clockspeeds >500Mhz due to bad routing, no OS4-license yet

November 2008:
Announcement that Troika didn't manage to get an OS4-license and gave up on Amy due to lack of funding.

Offline humppa

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 08:58:23 PM »
And what's up with this anonymity thing? Surely if you want to be taken seriously you should use your own names.

If they plan to get a decent job at any time in the future, they should better remain anonymous, since it should be rather embarrassing if a potential future employer finds their names along with the whole Amy-story and failure (missed deadlines, non-working amateur hardware) on the internet.

Offline humppa

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 09:27:43 PM »
Who's been lied to? when was a final Trokia release given? If there was one I missed it so my apologies.

I think you missed a lot. Start digging the archives starting around August/September 2005. The first you'll find is probably a "two production runs in 2005" statement.
You might also find out how to correctly spell "Troika". :lol:

OS5 is still a fantasy at the moment and why 5 before 4? Logic anyone?

Why OS5 before OS4? Because it's x86 and no stinkin' PPC!  :lol:

Offline humppa

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 09:53:48 PM »
As I said I apologies if I missed out on certain things. I simply can't keep up-to-date with everything that goes on all the time (work doesn't allow it) as I'm sure many others can't.

Btw, for BB3 in 2005 they announced to show a pre-production version of the board. Of course, nobody showed up.
Funnily enough that they showed even less than their announcement from 2005 at BB4 **this** year.

Offline humppa

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 08:04:25 AM »
It also is quite reassuring to know that he is involved and listed as "partner":

Reassuring of what? That Troika manages to build a working board that is on sale soon? After what they've shown (or rather failed to show), even a partnership with Mother Theresa wouldn't help very much.
I am just sorry for Guru Meditation, he didn't deserve this level of unprofessionalism.

Offline humppa

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 04:48:13 PM »
Our higher end "Project Panda" under development, might be of interest with its MPC7448.

How can you say that it's "under development" when it's in fact an existing evaluation mainboard made by UDTech?
Do you think they will be impressed if you show pictures of **their** board around where you covered their brand name and trademark with your own DPaint-logo?
We have already seen the board. We know what kind of board it is. If you have any *real* news concerning licensing their design for your purposes, then that would be far more interesting.

Hope you will be at the right place and time and see with your own eyes.

BB6 in 2008 maybe?

Offline humppa

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 05:50:34 PM »
Yes, but its now our "project panda" an Amy board that runs linux btw.

I know that this UDTech board runs Linux. Your way of calling it "Amy board" reminds me of Alan Redhouse relabelling the Terons as AmigaOnes. :-P
But it surely speeds up "development" considerably. Much better than waiting ages for some home-brewn Amy'05 that doesn't work in the end. And there won't be any 90 degrees electrical traces I hope? ;-)  

We are making the changes the Amiga community will need, and be good for Os4.

What about removing those strange MiniPCI-slots by the way?

But you will have to wait and see those pics "when its done tm"

I wonder how it safely managed to pass the customs on its way from the Chinese factory.  :lol:

Offline humppa

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 08:42:50 PM »
That's strange because Genesi is insisting it runs just fine on their EFIKA board which so far exists only in picture form as well.

Wrong! There is also a  video!  :idea:

But let's not make this a "what prototype is better" sort of discussion - of course Amy would easily win with those "creative" way of non-working 90 degree routing.  :lol:

Concerning MOS on Efika, this is just yet another funny soap opera in Amigaland. We surely can't complain about not having enough entertainment in the forums.  ;-)

Offline humppa

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 07:17:42 AM »