Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 4000T Flyer with CF or SD cards  (Read 11018 times)

Description:

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
Re: 4000T Flyer with CF or SD cards
« on: January 07, 2021, 01:07:34 AM »
I wasn't previously aware of an HQ6 mode. I suspect my board isn't capable of it but is there a way to test?

I'm probably mixing up my stories here, so please forgive me if this is a muddled mess.  My memories are coming from some deep dives into NewTekniques and Video Toaster User, as well as combing through the Flyer source code, as recently as last year.

I believe there was another step above HQ5 that was present in the source code which was released.  I believe it was going to be a UI toggle just like HQ5, probably made available after fast enough hard drives were available and tested by NewTek.

If memory serves, it's totally plausible that some of the tools included by the source code release would allow someone to record in this better-than-HQ5 format.  But I'd have to go back and repeat some of the research I did last year to really verify, so I'm sorry if this post is misleading or wrong.

Over the years, I've been able to compile the majority (all?) of the CLI Flyer tools from the Open Video Toaster release.  I don't know if that interests anybody.

It interests me. Please share your re-compiles of the CLI Flyer tools so I can add them to the Open Video Toaster website.