Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Forum -- Amiga on eBay  (Read 12234 times)

Description:

Offline graffias79

• Show all replies
Re: New Forum -- Amiga on eBay
« on: October 28, 2003, 05:36:23 AM »
Wow, talk about professional, the amiga 3000T must be professional, as well as many other models of amiga.  I recently acquired an A3000T amiga.  I did so because of a lady that came to the computer store that I worked at and she sold it to me as is for $50 (long story).  Our store used to deal Amigas back in the late 80s-early 90s.  In fact my boss told me he was one of the distributors that got sent a letter asking him if he would like to place a bid for Commodore in 1994 when it went bankrupt.  Anyway, his wife/my other boss, worked at a nuclear power plant near this area for a while and she told me, when she saw the machine, that those were the computers that ran the programs for the actual nuclear reactors.  now talk about professional.  I was thinking about this and then it occured to me, who would want M$ software to run a nuclear reactor?  They wanted a machine that wouldn't crash or generally f*ck up to run these dangerous machines and I for one feel quite proud that they chose Amiga.  Whether it was A3000s or A500s, that says a lot about our beloved Amiga.

Offline graffias79

• Show all replies
Re: New Forum -- Amiga on eBay
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 05:41:39 AM »
oh wow dang did i post to the wrong thread? i meant to post to "Amiga 600HD, Like New, Still inside Box, on eBay !" sorry about that!!