Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Adelaide Amiga 30th Anniversary Event (25 May)  (Read 2604 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline AdelaideAmiga

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 09:57:41 AM »
I think the original date was either the 8th or the 15th of December, however it was changed to a more viable date.

AmmoJammo it would be great if you could attend and you may wish to bring that monitor around there.  Someone could express an interest in it on the night.
 

Offline AmmoJammo

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 11:36:54 PM »
Just poking my Amiga 600 with a stick!
 

Offline Epsilon_

  • Crazy about Amigas
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jun 2012
  • Posts: 166
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 2
    • http://amigax1000.blogspot.com.au
Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 04:31:35 AM »
@amigaman101

Will there be any internet access at the venue? Would be nice to demo amistore and other internet functionality on AmigaOS4.1 at the meet.

Catcha,
Epsilon

Please check out my various blogs:
Amiga:  AmigaX1000.blogspot.com.au
Trains: InterestingTrains.blogspot.com.au

Instagram: Epsilon's Instagram
[/SIZE]
 

Offline AmmoJammo

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Can't find the floppy drive cable, or memory expansion for my A600!

I don't recall seeing it for at least 6 months! I'm sure its around here somewhere, but so far, nothing has progressed, its still in 10 pieces..
 

Offline djos

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 01:56:27 AM »
I hope you guys have fun, Andrew is amazing to talk to about Amiga hardware!

Im actually back in Adelaide visiting family but going back in a few days so I can't make it .... all my Miggies are back in Melbourne too. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, Roland MT-32 MIDI Synthesiser
Amiga 500 w/ KS2.05, 1Mb Chip-Ram, CF-IDE w/4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC Floppy emulator
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, Flyer Net Modem
 

Offline AdelaideAmiga

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 05:09:58 AM »
Quote from: djos;780636
I hope you guys have fun, Andrew is amazing to talk to about Amiga hardware!

Im actually back in Adelaide visiting family but going back in a few days so I can't make it .... all my Miggies are back in Melbourne too. :(

Sorry you can't make it.  Perhaps there will be another time when we hold an event.  In the meantime, take care, George.
 

Offline AdelaideAmiga

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 05:11:57 AM »
Hi Epsilon,

I believe that the venue does have internet access.  I will confirm at a later date regarding this.  Just need to make a few enquiries.

Yes it would be great to see the OS in action!  Looking forward to it!

Regards,
George
 

Offline djos

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 05:43:40 AM »
Quote from: amigaman101;780697
In the meantime, take care, George.

Cheers, will do.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:46:38 AM by djos »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, Roland MT-32 MIDI Synthesiser
Amiga 500 w/ KS2.05, 1Mb Chip-Ram, CF-IDE w/4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC Floppy emulator
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, Flyer Net Modem
 

Offline cameng

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2015, 04:01:22 AM »
Thanks for the PM. Sorry but I can not make it due to work commitments:(

One day I will get to one of these events.

My thanks go out to all the people that have been organising these events.
:drink:
 

Offline AdelaideAmiga

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2015, 11:57:56 AM »
Quote from: cameng;780894
Thanks for the PM. Sorry but I can not make it due to work commitments:(

One day I will get to one of these events.

My thanks go out to all the people that have been organising these events.

No worries cameng!

Thank you for making yourself known on this thread and for responding.

I'm sure there will be plenty of future opportunities to attend other events.

Kind regards,

George
 

Offline AdelaideAmiga

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2015, 12:20:29 PM »
Quote from: AmmoJammo;780609
Can't find the floppy drive cable, or memory expansion for my A600!

I don't recall seeing it for at least 6 months! I'm sure its around here somewhere, but so far, nothing has progressed, its still in 10 pieces..

Never seen an A600 in the flesh before.  I reckon they must be fairly rare to find in Australia.  

But don't feel at all obligated to bring any hardware along, especially if it is too much trouble for you.

Regards,

George
 

Offline AmmoJammo

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 12:15:02 AM »
Quote from: amigaman101;780911
Never seen an A600 in the flesh before.  I reckon they must be fairly rare to find in Australia.  

But don't feel at all obligated to bring any hardware along, especially if it is too much trouble for you.

Regards,

George

I can't find the memory expansion, and it won't boot into the Workbench install I have without it....
 

Offline MelbourneBen

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 11:48:47 PM »
Hi guys,

Just confirming that Simon and I will be attending on Monday. I will also email Ian to check he's still coming.

@AmmoJammo, I might be interested in the monitor depending on the condition. Are you able to bring it along?

I found an old 1084s on the nature strip on Marion road last week. It's in great cosmetic condition but doesn't work unfortunately. It powers up but makes a whistling sound with no picture, apparently could be the flyback transformer.
Member of the Adelaide Commodore & Amiga user group

C= A1200 1D4 4MB Fast Ram FPU, 3.1 roms, 4GB CF HD, PCMCIA NIC, C= 1084s.
 

Offline MelbourneBen

Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 11:49:34 PM »
Is it starting at 7.30?
Member of the Adelaide Commodore & Amiga user group

C= A1200 1D4 4MB Fast Ram FPU, 3.1 roms, 4GB CF HD, PCMCIA NIC, C= 1084s.
 

Offline Epsilon_

  • Crazy about Amigas
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jun 2012
  • Posts: 166
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 2
    • http://amigax1000.blogspot.com.au
Re: Adelaide Amiga Event! 19/1/15
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 01:10:19 AM »
Quote from: amigaman101;780698
Hi Epsilon,

I believe that the venue does have internet access.  I will confirm at a later date regarding this.  Just need to make a few enquiries.

Yes it would be great to see the OS in action!  Looking forward to it!

Regards,
George

Any update on the internet access situation at the venue?

I would need ethernet cable access to the internet to be able to use it. I can bring a small 8 port switch along if needed for other people to connect to it also.

Looking forward to it!

Catcha,
Epsilon

Please check out my various blogs:
Amiga:  AmigaX1000.blogspot.com.au
Trains: InterestingTrains.blogspot.com.au

Instagram: Epsilon's Instagram
[/SIZE]