Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dead PegII ?  (Read 264 times)

Description:

Offline JoseTopic starter

• Show only replies by Jose
Dead PegII ?
« on: November 26, 2014, 05:58:03 PM »
So I decided to fire up my Peg2 G3 today and all I get is no video signal, monitor simply won't turn on. Also the HDD light is allways on and the DVD drive is also not working. After disconnecting everything I can I get pretty much the same. Even took off the gfx card and tried with an old Riva TNT I had lying around, same thing. The HDD and the DVD drive do work is I disconnect the IDE cables, so I suspect the motherboard is dead.

Is there any way to reset the firmware values (already tried booting the maching with the reset button pressed), maybe the battery is dead and and firmware variables are all messed up...

Can't try serial debug as my A1200 is not fully restored yet (waiting for an HDD..), but is the serial debug output even enabled by default ?

I won't be buying any new machine anytime soon so there goes the slow update I was planning to do on some coding projects I've never finished..
And there goes my plan of buying AOS4.1FE too as the price seemed good.
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline matt3k

Re: Dead PegII ?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 06:06:06 PM »
Check you heat sink on the G3.  The G4's (no experience with the g3's) are prone to failure if you keep the plastic stands that hold the sink on the chip.

The vast majority of Peg II failures are cpu related.

Offline JoseTopic starter

• Show only replies by Jose
Re: Dead PegII ?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 04:44:46 PM »
I took off the heatsink but there are no signs of heat damage and from what I remember it never got that hot anyway.
Also took the time to clean the contacts of the CPU module with alcohol but it's all the same...

Anyone wants to try my CPU card in their Peg ?
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"