Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: R3PLAY event in Blackpool Mini Mig & Jon Hare  (Read 1963 times)

Description:

Offline 28steryanTopic starter

• Show only replies by 28steryan
R3PLAY event in Blackpool Mini Mig & Jon Hare
« on: November 09, 2010, 09:09:54 AM »
Some footage from R3PLAY, it features the Mini Mig, and toward the end of the video Talks with Ocean Software and Jon Hare.

Enjoy Steve.

http://www.youtube.com/user/28steryan
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:20:44 PM by 28steryan »

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: R3PLAY event in Blackpool Mini Mig & Jon Hare
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »
Gawd, Retro heaven... :)

Nice video, well worth the upload time, cheers Steve... :cool:

Took me back to the days of lurking around the old arcades and being crowded out just when you were about to achieve a high score and some diddy who was trying to see would bump your elbow and cost you the high score as well as your hard earned two bob... :lol:

Those custom built cabinets were really cool... :cool:

Liked the talk at the end, gives me hope that the little guys are making a comeback against the big corporations & the mind numbing crap they churn out... :)

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 05:50:05 AM »
Quote from: Franko;590621
Gawd, Retro heaven... :)

Nice video, well worth the upload time, cheers Steve... :cool:

Took me back to the days of lurking around the old arcades and being crowded out just when you were about to achieve a high score and some diddy who was trying to see would bump your elbow and cost you the high score as well as your hard earned two bob... :lol:

Those custom built cabinets were really cool... :cool:

Liked the talk at the end, gives me hope that the little guys are making a comeback against the big corporations & the mind numbing crap they churn out... :)

It was amazing, it was a piss head and gamers heaven, booze and games, what tops that except waitresses dressed as Mai out of Fatal Fury serving you the beer, maybe next year, fingers crossed.

The custom cab's were reasonable at I believe he said £170, I think you needed an IPad to use 'em, whatever that is???, I'd have grabbed one and found a way to put an AMIGA in there if I'd not already done my own cab', I was offered £500 for mine, no way though, not unless I get desperate and I am given a replacement 1200 Tower to gut and build a better version with a CD-Rom etc, I might do a CD32 one next with all the CF games on it.

Jon Hare was a top bloke, funny to, as were the Ocean fella's, but I snagged Jon on his own for a bit and got a photo with him as well as my SWOS box signed, great when your hero turns out to be an awesome person, loads of the guys were photographing my SWOS box, the SWOSes in the AMIGA's appeared to be pirate versions, which kind of suprised me, so I guess it is rarer than I thought.

Anyway, you'd have no doubt loved it, if you can make it down next time do mate, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you, I met ton's of You Tube mates and AMIGA/SWOS fans it really was great, like XMAS when your a kid.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 06:08:05 AM »
Forgot to mention Franko, I got a nice new TV for my cab' the picture is much better so kind of glad the other one did die on me.