Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ottawa Amiga Show: AmigaOne Micro "C" show pricing  (Read 2053 times)

Description:

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
Re: Ottawa Amiga Show: AmigaOne Micro "C" show pri
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 22, 2004, 09:14:23 PM »
@Sparky:

Supply and demand. How could Eyetech possibly produce cheap A1 motherboards, when the Amiga market is so small? I'm sure the boards would be much cheaper if there was a bigger demand, however there isn't, so they are forced to sell at profit so that the wheels would at least SOMEHOW be in motion.

Besides, I'm sure that LiveWireSystems do not make any fancy profits on these boards and system bundles.

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
Re: Ottawa Amiga Show: AmigaOne Micro "C" show pri
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 10:07:33 AM »
Better value comparable system ? Oh ok then :

Apple eMac

Easy if you make tons and tons of them.  Amiga is not Apple, and they should stop pretending to be, and stop deluding themselves into thinking that they know what they are doing.

.. oh yes and an OS that is finished!

That's what ticks me off the most.  All this fuss to get superb hardware out there... to run Linux.  You can run Linux on any damn board in the universe.

I wonder how long it will take to release OS 4.1 -- which, technically, I'm supposed to get for free, too!

How could Eyetech possibly produce cheap A1 motherboards, when the Amiga market is so small?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Amiga Inc. (KMOS, whatever) be making these boards and not Eyetech?  Eyetech wants to make proprietary hardware under a license from Amiga/KMOS to ensure they can sell and fully control their *own* stuff and not some recycled PC hardware.  That's what all this proprietary crap is about -- control and licensing, not quality.

Actually, speaking of recycled hardware, can anyone take the micro A1 seriously seeing how it's basicly just a shrunken down AmigaOne?  Where's all the *new* stuff like SerialATA, USB2.0, and support for vanilla DDR?

Everyone should remember what happened to the FIRST AmigaOne.  You know, the one with the A1200 connector?