Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FS: Blizzard 2060  (Read 10478 times)

Description:

Offline AllocVecTopic starter

• Show only replies by AllocVec
FS: Blizzard 2060
« on: December 29, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »
I have a Blizzard 2060 for sale.

Turboboard for the Amiga 2000 from Phase 5 with 68060 (50 MHz)

Fully loaded with 128 MB of RAM
SCSI onboard

Fully working

I do ask EUR 300,- plus shipping. I am open for trade ins if you have anything to offer. I do not have to sell this card, but two Blizzard 2060 is one to many with little time for my hobby at the moment.

Re: FS: Blizzard 2060
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:41:54 PM »
BTW: the fastest way to contact me is directly via EMail: phase5@gmx.net

Offline Kin-Hell

• Show only replies by Kin-Hell
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
Email sent!  ;-)
Getting 0lder is Mandatory..... Growing up is an option.

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »
That card is mine, all mine Kin! Thanks for trying to beat me to it though ;-)    lol

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 05:25:59 PM »
Waaay too cheap.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline arkanoid

• Show only replies by arkanoid
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »
and a round of applause to Redrumloa for encouraging price hiking and trying to ensure that no one in the Amiga community gets a "good deal". :roll:

Red: ever considered that your prices maybe extortionate? 300Euro seems "very reasonable", and a good price. Not everyone's interested in screwing the Amiga community for every last penny that they can. It's a hobby, not a capitalist venture.
Peg2/G4/MorphOS
Amiga A1200/060

Offline save2600

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 06:05:43 PM »
Red, it amazes me how much you think this stuff is worth OR perhaps... what you sometimes get for your wares. I do not think $450 is "cheap" for a computer peripheral as outdated as this, without a regular warranty of any kind, etc. In fact, I think this stuff is rather expensive since I'm just looking for a faster WB experience and probably a bunch of headaches getting it to install and work with WHDLoad, TCP stacks, my large GB HD, etc. lol   Many, many headaches and dollars spent investing in the Miggy - but all part of the "hobby" as we all know.

And you know what? I would bet you good dollars that say, after a while, if I wanted to sell this card - I would/could NOT get what I paid for it. Happens all the time in this community. Sometimes you get lucky, but most of the time, *I* have not. But WTF... I've only been using Amiga's since '87, so what do I know   ;-)  

Heck, I'm trying to sell my GVP 030 combo card to help finance this. What do you think *that's* worth? I have it priced at $180 with ram that was just bought from Softhut, etc. And it really bugs me when people say my stuff is not "worth" what it is. $100 for a combo card all day long on ePay + $80 in brand new, currently produced ram. Why should I take a hit on the ram when it is *brand new* and tested? (one of the simms were bad actually, and I had to get a replacement straight away). And no, these companies never refund for shipping defective products back to them. Since we are on the subject of nickels and dimes.

If *you* can get more for a card like this or my card, may God bless you and probably *has* been blessing you as you definitely seem to have the Midas touch that way.

If your post was designed to make me feel better about plonking down this kind of cash... somehow I still don't feel it's a "steal"  :-)    It's just something I've been wanting to treat myself to for a while and have finally taken the plunge. TekMagics seem to hover around the $500 mark and I've seen GVP's and others anywhere from $250-$450. Not at your store of course... unless they have been sold as broken  :crazy:    One could make a statement about the sanity or wisdom of some of your customers, but what the hey. This *is* just another "justifiable" hobby after all  

:lol:

Offline save2600

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
@ Arkanoid:

Very well said, spot on and thank you.  :idea:

I remember Christian (AllocVec) from the good ol' days of Usenet. Which, I might add, I would rather be using and miss dearly. The online experience is changing and from my vantage point - not for the better.

Offline leytond

• Show only replies by leytond
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 06:12:50 PM »
i just want an upgrade card for my 1200 trapdoor. dam its hard to get one,

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 06:34:57 PM »
The card is spoken for. Thanks to all who were interested.

I have some other goodies, which I will post next year.

Happy 2009 :)

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 06:45:01 PM »
@arkanoid

This may be a religion for you, that is fine. I don't look at hobby computing as a religion.  The simple fact is on the open market(eBay) he could have possibly got twice that much. 060 accelerators for the A2000 are very hard to come by.

What type of car do you own? What is the average auction price of that car? Tell you what, I will give you 30% of whatever the average sale price. Don't like that suggestion?

[color=ff0000]and a round of applause to arkanoid for encouraging price hiking and trying to ensure that no one in the car buying community gets a "good deal".[/color][/b] :roll:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »
@save2600

I'm not a communist and I do not run a charity. What sense would it make for me to sell items at a fraction of their actual worth?

-edit-
BTW at today's exchange rates 300 EUR is 418.82. Lower than your guess of $450, but slightly higher than what was in my head. The USD has weakened in the last few weeks. ~3 weeks ago 300EUR would have been 372USD.

Offline arkanoid

• Show only replies by arkanoid
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 07:18:48 PM »
Redrumloa:

The point is, Christian is a seasoned Amiga user. He's not naive and will be fully aware of eBay prices for Amiga gear - eBay is no secret.

There are still people who are happy to just "break even" when it comes to selling Amiga stuff, because most of us have day jobs and do not need to sell Amiga items purely to make a profit. It has nothing to do with "communism". We're just not all obsessed with accumulating as much $$$ (in every area of life) as possible.

For all you know, 300Euro may be exactly what Christian originally paid for the card and that may be all he's interested in recouping. But I'm sure if you managed to purchase this 060 card from Christian first, it'd appear on your eBay "shop" shortly after for 600Euro. That would have been a nice tidy profit for you, eh? Too bad a real hobbyist got to it before you.

"I'm not a communist and I do not run a charity. What sense would it make for me to sell items at a fraction of their actual worth?"

I can understand your vested interest in maintaining high prices throughout the community, but this is not YOUR sale. It's between two enthusiasts, so show a little decency towards the Amiga "community" and leave your money grabbing for eBay, pls.
Peg2/G4/MorphOS
Amiga A1200/060

Offline save2600

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 07:23:04 PM »
@ Red:

What sense does it make for you to chime in with a peanut gallery comment such as the one you made? "waaaaay to cheap".

Oh that's right... because you're an opportunist with an agenda that wants to ensure that ridiculous prices for this stuff keeps on flowing for *you*.

And no... we would never confuse you of running a charity. That's for darn sure  ;-)

How would you like it if someone responded to some of your outrageous prices with: "waaaay too much"??  Or how about: "Red... why don't you give *something* back to the community since the community are often times the one that HELPS you out with hardware/software probs"?  Getting free advice from experts or parts you need here, just so you can gouge ePay clients, is tacky to say the least (not saying you've done nothing for the community). Or dangling some of your wares around like a carrot, knowing full well they're going to ePay in seconds...

This topic has been beaten to death time and time again. Religion? Hell no. Reality and sensibility? Hell yes. You're on a much different wavelength than some of us, that's all. If you want to continue gouging all day long on ePay - then that is your right. Some of us just know better. Some are afraid to speak up. Some might even "worship" you. lol  Or as I've said before... some of us are not as "resourceful" as you. Sometimes we can be though. Thanks for trying to ruin that for *some* of us. Who knows, maybe someday, you'll look back and feel differently about some of these things. We all do from time to time and its part and parcel to the life experience.

My apologies to everyone here that feel the need to continually suck up to Jim. I've not felt the need to behave that way since grade school  :-D

BTW: the price that I "guessed" (even though I have a currency exchange widget - thanks) includes s/h to the States. Guess I got even a better deal, huh?  And $800 or more for this thing? Are you frickin' kidding? I'll tell you what... when I get it, you list it in your 'greater than thou' store and when it sells for that much, I'll slip a $100 your way. Of course, we'll then have to figure out ePay's commission, PayPal's fee, the possibility the buyer scams us through PayPal - claiming it does not work, etc. Hmm... this scenario is starting to sound like a potential deal made with the devil! lol

8-)

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »
@arkanoid

So, are you selling me your car to me for 30% of it's actual value? Thought not.

I can understand your vested interest in maintaining high prices, but this is not YOUR sale. Show a little decency towards the Amiga "community" and leave your money grabbing for eBay, pls.

The guy who joined 2007/2/5 and has 132 posts is telling the guy who joined 2002/2/15 and has 8992 posts what decency is in the Amiga "community"?  :crazy:

Grow the F up, junior.