Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wanted, A3000 Accelerator, graphics card and network card.  (Read 888 times)

Description:

Offline PhonicTopic starter

• Show only replies by Phonic
Wanted, A3000 Accelerator, graphics card and network card.
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:11:40 AM »
Can pay via PayPal.
I have some nice things for trade:

A2000HD.
GVP Phonepak card/software.
A2091 with HDD.
8MB ZorroII RAM expansion.
1084S monitor.
1942 monitor.
A Datel SynchroExpressIII with software/manuals.
SCALA.

Let me know what you have.
Thanks all.

Offline TjLaZer

Re: Wanted, A3000 Accelerator, graphics card and network card.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 02:47:39 AM »
You do realize it is going to cost you over a grand for all those right?  ;)
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline tonyvdb

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 02:55:01 AM »
Amigakit has or had a Cyberstorm MK II for sale just this week. Maybe they still have it. Thats your best bet. There are vry fewoptins for the A3000 as far as an excelorator is concerned.
Amiga 2000HD Indivision ECS
Amiga 4000D towerised OS 3.1 and 3.9 on CF cards
Indivision AGA, Mediator 4000
Video Toaster 4000 Flyer v4.3 Millenium.
202gig of video drive space & 5gig audio.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 03:11:04 AM »

tonyvdb wrote:
Amigakit has or had a Cyberstorm MK II for sale just this week. Maybe they still have it. Thats your best bet. There are vry fewoptins for the A3000 as far as an excelorator is concerned.

I was under the impression that the A3000 had Z3 slots - I was looking at the A3640 - I don't wanna pay Amigakits prices to be honest, $459.04 for an accelerator?
I may aswell go AmigaOne or go for a Mediator PCI for that kind of cash.

I understand that the higher end Amiga gear isn't produced in the quantities that PC cards are but some of these vendors are simply taking the piss.

Offline Oliver

• Show only replies by Oliver
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 03:18:34 AM »
I think that's just business in a small market.  Ebay prices can get pretty high too.
Good good study, day day up!

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 03:33:49 AM »

Phonic wrote:

tonyvdb wrote:

I was under the impression that the A3000 had Z3 slots - I was looking at the A3640 - I don't wanna pay Amigakits prices to be honest, $459.04 for an accelerator?
I may aswell go AmigaOne or go for a Mediator PCI for that kind of cash.

I understand that the higher end Amiga gear isn't produced in the quantities that PC cards are but some of these vendors are simply taking the piss.

Id rather pay 450 and be able to get it replaced if it arrives defective than pay 350 on ebay and get a negative feedback for complaining that i got sold something that doesnt work and possibly ending up with a fancy paperweight.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 03:44:09 AM »
TBH I wouldn't pay $350 2nd hand - it'd be better spent on an A1 board (IMO)

Anyhow, if anyone wants any of this stuff, make me an offer - I'll part with the A3000 if the price is right.

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20543

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 03:49:22 AM »

koaftder wrote:
Id rather pay 450 and be able to get it replaced if it arrives defective than pay 350 on ebay and get a negative feedback for complaining that i got sold something that doesnt work and possibly ending up with a fancy paperweight.

Exactly... so much on eBay is sold "as is", and you have stuff all protection or guarantee from private sellers if it's DOA.

OK, so AmigaKit's Cyberstorm prices are high, but you're paying partly for the warranty and also the cost of keeping an Amiga dealer going - no mean feat in 2006!

- Ali

Offline tonyvdb

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 05:06:53 AM »
The cyberstorm is almost the only eccelerator that will work in the 3000 there is a blizzard as well but these are very hard to find and that is the going price. Ebay can sometimes aven go higher. The A3640 is better then the 030 that you have now but is not a huge improvment and you get no memory expantion. Your looking at about $80-120 for that.
Amiga 2000HD Indivision ECS
Amiga 4000D towerised OS 3.1 and 3.9 on CF cards
Indivision AGA, Mediator 4000
Video Toaster 4000 Flyer v4.3 Millenium.
202gig of video drive space & 5gig audio.

Offline justthatgood

• Show only replies by justthatgood
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 08:09:40 AM »
@Phonic

This is where I would trust quite a few of the people on here about the stuff for the big box Amiga items.  I would rather more then likely get an accelerator from a dealer, instead of just blindly get some stuff from some of the random eBay users out there.  Some of them just don't take care of there stuff, and other are just very steep.

There are some like karmanss that have very steep prices and WILL not budge on the prices.  Then you have others like "He That Must Not Be Named" (you all know who He is, and I'm not going to mention it) that like to throw hissy fits when you question the integrity of his products and credibility. When they say Caveat Emptor, they mean that.  Some of the eBay people can be some real shady folks, and they get even worse when it comes to computer stuff.  

It's a shame that a lot of the Amiga product sellers have gotten to be even nastier over the years. I'm all for the making the money thing, but don't sacrifice honesty and integrity for it. You really can have slighty higher prices, while still maintaining that down home goodwill and charm, with customer service. I know that Redrumloa has been good to me in the past. (By the way Redrumloa, those laptops are bit of a pain to replace the OS on at times.  But I just used something like the Sabrent 2.5 USB enclosure it worked like a charm)

Also good luck on the A1 hardware.  I mean seriously if you do manage to get it, will it work for a good while and then just quit on you.  I mean haven't some of you had your motherboards fail  :-? (if I read some of the stuff on the internet right).  Lets see OS4 isn't fully out yet, it's one big licensing nightmare.  I guess I would just like to be able to run my nice running classic software in the fastest, best running possible way. As for the money, I've seen people that have blew more then $800 dollars on more worthless things then computer hardware, so I really wouldn't complain.

When it all comes down to it, money will  be the deciding factor if we have any good developers and dealers at all. Some people like to code for fun, others for a little bit of profit. Some people love to do hardware for the challenge, others do it for a living because they just love doing it. There are those that like to swap stuff in trade show fashion, yet there are some that are the back bone of the hardware/software trade that put serious effort in customer service to ensure quality.  That's qualilty that at times warrants the higher price.

Just my 2ยข's.
[color=008000]Pluto[/color]:Amiga4KD- 64040/16megs/1GB WD/PAR 2150/1942/WB3.0,3.1,3.9
[color=800080]Amanda[/color]:Amiga2KHD/A2620/8MegSupraRam2k/A2091/VLab