Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: blender benchmarks  (Read 6966 times)

Description:

Offline PiruTopic starter

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
blender benchmarks
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:15:16 AM »

Benchmarks were run with:
Code: [Select]
blender_binary -b projects/bricks_and_water_plugin.blend -o ram:pool -F JPEG -f 0

PS. Blender does neither require nor utilize 3D HW for the rendering benchmark.

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
Re: blender benchmarks
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 09:19:58 AM »
@piru: Now I know you don't own all those machines yourself so could we have a link to the data you used please.

.....and that SAM result just doesn't seem right. I would have expected a jump, but four times the Peg II result I just find hard to accept.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline PiruTopic starter

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:55:27 AM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;678919
@piru: Now I know you don't own all those machines yourself so could we have a link to the data you used please.
X1000 PA6T 1.8GHz
Pegasos 2 G4 1131MHz
Sam440ep Flex AMCC 440EP 733Mhz

PowerBook G4 1.67GHz and Mac mini G4 1.5GHz are my own machines. Mac mini is running stock MorphOS 2.7.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:17:13 PM by Piru »

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:55:48 AM »
What is it with your obsession for benchmark on X1000? All I needed to know is that its the fastest machine you can get AmigaOS4 on and if that is what i'm interested in and want to use then that is what I'm going to have to get. Plus hopefully drivers and support for the hardware should only get better over time.

Plus I'm really look forward to getting it, I haven't been this excited getting a computer since...well my last Amiga. i dont think any PC or Mac no matter how good they are and for the amount the x1000 cost me, I could of got some serious kit, could of given me the same feelings.

Offline rzookol

• Show only replies by rzookol
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
the problem is that mac mini g4 1.5 with OS4 beta could be faster that x1000 :)

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 11:03:07 AM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;678929
What is it with your obsession for benchmark on X1000? All I needed to know is that its the fastest machine you can get AmigaOS4 on and if that is what i'm interested in and want to use then that is what I'm going to have to get. Plus hopefully drivers and support for the hardware should only get better over time.

Plus I'm really look forward to getting it, I haven't been this excited getting a computer since...well my last Amiga. i dont think any PC or Mac no matter how good they are and for the amount the x1000 cost me, I could of got some serious kit, could of given me the same feelings.

I think it is interesting to OS4 users. Pegasos II G4 is still good choice if you want performance. Pegasos II is not the fastest OS4 hardware anymore but close.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline Bamiga2002

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
@AmigaNG
What's wrong with these kind of benchmarking? It's interesting for people...
CD32
A500

Offline AmigaNG

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 11:55:43 AM »
I have no problem with benchmarks, I'm actually interested to know how fast my new Amiga will run. Its just I get the feeling some people are trying to prove a point with them. Sorry if I'm wrong.  

Here the thing I have a PC, a bit old now, it has Intel Core 2 duo running at 3Ghz, AMD 5790HD 1gb graphics card, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz ram, creative titanium 7.1 sound card, 2x1tb hard drives and windows 7 64 bit, now this PC can do everything I need it too, and my guess it likely three or four times faster if not more than my x1000 will be or ever will be, my point is I didn't buy it for performance, I bought it for the best AmigaOS experiences I can have, to be more part of the great amiga community, to try and get back into my amiga roots, I think a few people cant or never will understand that and thats fine, it just some posts at the moment are coming across as try to spoil the fun, again I'm sorry if I'm wrong, text is never a good way of translating what people real motives are.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:59:09 AM by AmigaNG »

Offline Kawazu

• Show only replies by Kawazu
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;678937
I have no problem with benchmarks, I'm actually interested to know how fast my new Amiga will run. Its just I get the feeling some people are trying to prove a point with them. Sorry if I'm wrong.  

Here the thing I have a PC, a bit old now, it has Intel Core 2 duo running at 3Ghz, AMD 5790HD 1gb graphics card, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz ram, creative titanium 7.1 sound card, 2x1tb hard drives and windows 7 64 bit, now this PC can do everything I need it too, and my guess it likely three or four times faster if not more than my x1000 will be or ever will be, my point is I didn't buy it for performance, I bought it for the best AmigaOS experiences I can have, to be more part of the great amiga community, to try and get back into my amiga roots, I think a few people cant or never will understand that and thats fine, it just some posts at the moment are coming across as try to spoil the fun, again I'm sorry if I'm wrong, text is never a good way of translating what people real motives are.

Then dont read it.

If you say "i want a machine that gives me the best OS4 experience" and the machine that gives you that is already out and not the latest most expensive hardware, dont you want to know these kinds of things?

So please tell us how a lesser more expensive system gives you a better experience? Or do you hate your money that bad?

Offline spirantho

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 12:09:28 PM »
Seems to me like people are trying to point out that their PowerMacs using MorphOS are faster than the fastest AmigaOS 4 machine out there.

Which is probably true. It's also true that any modern x86 out there will blow either system out of the water. To outsiders we're all crazy for arguing over whose platform is faster, when they're both far slower than what everybody else uses.

It's also true that for myself I don't care, and I value my AOS 4 machines much more than any PC. Power is not important to me, it's how it uses it - and if the X1000 offers me a way to use it in a way that no other machine does, then that's reason enough to get excited.

@AmigaNG:
Nil illegitimi carborundum. In pragmatic terms, benchmarks mean nothing, except numbers. What matters is which you prefer, and no amount of figures and statistics can tell you that.
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline AmigaNG

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »
If you say "i want a machine that gives me the best OS4 experience" and  the machine that gives you that is already out and not the latest most  expensive hardware, dont you want to know these kinds of things?
Yes i would like to know how much faster it is, compared to Sam boards and Peg2, now ok so far certain test show that X1000 is only just beating the Peg2 which i am slightly surprise by but then performance is only half the issue, one of the other reason I made decision to get the x1000 over sam boards or peg2 was because of how stable both the hardware and software is on the system as reported by beta testers and it is the system that is set up for the future of the OS and hopefully only get better with time.

So please tell us how a lesser more expensive system gives you a better experience? Or do you hate your money that bad?    
Yes i hate money. :) I'm off to buy an old lp record for £100, because i hate them ultra clear digital recording for 79p.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:26:06 PM by AmigaNG »

Offline billyfish

• Show only replies by billyfish
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 12:27:42 PM »
Quote from: rzookol;678931
the problem is that mac mini g4 1.5 with OS4 beta could be faster that x1000 :)

Also might not be. You can't draw meaningful conclusions from a small number of selective benchmarks. For instance in the thread I started at http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60612, the X1000 is over 300-400% faster than the Mac Mini. You'd have to run *lots* of benchmarks to draw more definite conclusions.

Also bear in mind that these benchmarking threads should be taken with an EU salt mountain since the system is nowhere near optimized yet.

Taken from http://blog.hyperion-entertainment.biz/

"Given the rushed nature of this AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5 release, there are still some bugs and a few rough edges. Remember, the X1000 was originally planned to be released only with AmigaOS 4.2 installed. Also please keep in mind most of the X1000 system is still unoptimized. This is truly the most powerful Amiga Operating System hardware platform ever released and we plan to utilize this hardware to its full potential in due course."

Wait till it has been optimized and then redo these benchmarks.

Offline TheDaddy

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:28:38 PM »
@Spirantho

AMEN! :)

Offline bitman

• Show only replies by bitman
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 12:48:48 PM »
Quote from: billyfish;678943
and we plan to utilize this hardware to its full potential in due course.

Which means, using the second core aswell....
BigBookOfAmigaHardware.com. C A4000T/060/PIV, 4xA4000/040, A4000/030, 2x A600, 5 x A500, 2xA500+, 3xA2000, A1200/030@50/4mb, A1200/ACA030, A1200/030@50/32mb, A1200/030@50/32mb, A1200/020/4mb, 2xA1200/020/8mb, 2xA1200, CDTV, 2xCD32, A1000, 4xC64, C128D, C128 + many more

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »
The whining about the benchmarks is hilarious. If I dumped over 3,000 bucks on this crap I probably wound't want to see it either.