Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: microprose F1gp  (Read 1250 times)

Description:

Offline webmanTopic starter

• Show only replies by webman
microprose F1gp
« on: June 30, 2005, 01:03:37 PM »
I have The old f1 gp game from microprose and was wondering if there was a fix for AGA as my game comes up as gobbeldy gook all over the screen. Alo any cracks as I cannot find the manual anywere?

Offline Managarm

• Show only replies by Managarm
    • http://www.freewebs.com/robinslair
Re: microprose F1gp
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 01:22:21 PM »
You could try holding down the 2 mouse buttons when you turn the machine on. Then go to the option that allows you to change the chipset used to 'original' or 'enhanced'. If that doesn't work you could look on Aminet as they have loads of degrader type programs that make an A1200 or A4000 think it's running Kickstart 1.3. Finally if you go to www.whdload.de they'll have an installer for hard drives. This might work.

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 01:56:17 PM »
F1GP has seen a lot of patches for it over the years.  You can patch the cars colours, the framerate (on faster machines), the drivers attributes etc.

Oliver Roberts ran a site a while back showcasing just what can be achieved with Amiga F1GP.  I forget the URL, but do a search and I'm sure you'll find it.

Cecilia for President

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 02:55:24 PM »
I have The old f1 gp game from microprose and was wondering if there was a fix for AGA as my game comes up as gobbeldy gook all over the screen.

Yes.  I am quite sure I ran this on my A1200 and 4000 without that problem.  (Though I may have launched it with a degrader "NoView" option.  I forget, and I don't currently have access to my Amiga(s).)  

As stated, there are a LOT of F1GP patches, and most are quite necessary.  In addition to the ones already listed (the framerate patch is a huge help for anything faster than an 020!), I'd also recommend the patch to properly use analog joysticks, and the patch to totally disable steering assist.  (That way you actually feel like you're driving 100% and you don't get pulled straight into pit wall if you take a little look inside near it.)

Offline Abou27

• Show only replies by Abou27
    • http://www.renault-agriculture.co.uk/forums/
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 07:33:35 PM »
Yeah, it should run no problem on AGA machine.  Don't know what the problem might be.  If you do get it going, then as said above, Oliver Robert's F1GPEd is a must.  His website is definitely still running but I, too, forget the address!

(There were about 4 versions of F1GP - maybe one does have some AGA issues :-? )

Offline webmanTopic starter

• Show only replies by webman
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 11:31:21 PM »
Thanks guys I got it working but am still searching for my manual. A bit silly really having to find a manual to play a game.