Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interview with Trevor Dickinson  (Read 13748 times)

Description:

Offline ffastback

• Show all replies
Re: Interview with Trevor Dickinson
« Reply #44 from previous page: July 03, 2010, 04:16:14 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;568706
A few months ago Rogue said something nasty to someone and somebody moderated it, and that's not the first time it's happened. And by moderated I mean the whole text was just modified to just *moderated*, you're a mod over there, go dig through rogue's posting history, you'll see it. As a user, I have no good way to dig through posts other than going to google and typing in "site:amigaworld.net 'some string to search for'", hell, you've admitted on the forum that you look at people's IP addresses and look for matches on the moo, so you've got the capability to poke around. No point in denying things here.

As a user, sure you do, its the same one I use:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/search.php

Denying what BTW?

The only mod I have seen do *moderated* is zerohero.  But since when do we not remove nasty attacks?  Why should Rogue be the only one we leave up?  I'd agree he should state the reason in the moderation, that is customary.  But he has done the "*moderated* thing on others besides Rogue.  Maybe he was busy or pissed in having to deal with it.  You'd have to ask him.

Offline ffastback

• Show all replies
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2010, 04:29:03 AM »
Quote from: the_leander;568707
Oh you're unaware... Right, got it.

Well no one one in the mod forums is ever there going "we have to protect Hyperion" or anything remotely like that.  Mocking my honest answer is not going to make what you think is going on true.  Or perhaps its just what you want others to think is going on?

No this happens on a pretty much weekly basis. Check out moobunnys archives. You'll find no end of links to threads that go nowhere. It's not nearly as bad as it was, but that really isn't saying much.

Threads just up and disappearing with no explanation?  If that was really happening with such frequency it would not just be talk at Moo, it would be talk at AW.net directly amongest users going WTF!  

And how many of those threads disappear after a few days?

Since from what I see hardly any threads go into the trash can I'd have to answer almost none.   And as Amigaheretic already mentioned in his case, on the rare occasion that something goes that route usually a message goes up about "pending staff discussion".

Offline ffastback

• Show all replies
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 02:02:15 PM »
Quote from: AmigaHeretic;568715
This was one of the best threads on Moo a month or 2 ago.

AW mod Alkis Tsapanidis had blatantly and unfoundedly called a user a liar in an AW thread.  When the accused proved him wrong he admitted it in a post in the same thread.   A Moo poster quipped that some one should grab a screen shot before the thread was deleted.

If I remember this one correctly (it was back in April) Alkis was very sure that when someone was banned you could change your avatar and he thought someone who was saying otherwise was full of it saying it was not possible.  To his credit he checked it out afterwards to be sure, saw he was wrong, manned up and admitted it on the Moo.  He took responsibility for his mistake.

Now its an interesting slight of hand you seem to be attempting here, because the thread's removal had nothing to do with that exchange.  It had to do with the overall content of the thread which was IIRC about avatars made to look a penis, it might have even been animated, using part of a design element from the A-Eon website with embellishments.  AW.net is a privately owned family website and the decision, which you are free to disagree with had to do with that content.  It had nothing to do with a "cover-up" to "protect" Alkis.  If Alkis wanted that he would not be admitting his mistake on the Moo, now would he?

This is your example of threads disappearing as easily as an American hiker crossing into North Korea, or what someone else said was still a weekly occurence at the site?  Meh.