Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can this memory combo be used on my a500?  (Read 994 times)

Description:

Offline brostenenTopic starter

• Show only replies by brostenen
Can this memory combo be used on my a500?
« on: March 02, 2019, 12:50:53 PM »
Hi all.
I have done the Chipmem upgrade on my a500 revision 8a.1 board, and it is now sporting a total of 2mb ChipRam. That is 1mb onboard and 1mb from the trapdoor. Everything works perfect, except for one single game, that I am not getting all sound effects in. Yes I know it is one single title, and it is working on my 600 with the a6095 upgrade. Basically, this game wants and expects eighter FastRam or SlowRam in order to play full sound. The technical issue, is something I have no clue about, yet it is from a time that the 500 was used with 512k Chip and then people only had 512k in the trapdoor.

Anyway....
I have this 1mb boobip board, that I plug into the trapdoor, to get the extra 1mb ChipRam and I was wondering if I can use an a512 from indevidual, hence getting 1mb chip and 1mb slow from the trapdoor? Anyone know if the a512 can be used in combination with the boobip 1mb this way? Or do I need to source 3 boards of the a512 expansions?

Offline arttu80

Re: Can this memory combo be used on my a500?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 07:39:05 PM »
Maximum trapdoor expansion as far as I know is 1mb for your A500Plus mobo. And it's always configured as additional chipRAM. You can try instead to load some sort of relokick disk to downgrade your machine to 1.3 system which can really help.

Offline brostenenTopic starter

• Show only replies by brostenen
Re: Can this memory combo be used on my a500?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 08:57:15 PM »
Oh... That is "depressing" news. WHY Commodore.... WHY!!!?  ;D
At least I can use my 600 for that game, and hopefully the game will work with FastRam on my TF-530. I will see, once I recieve and hook that MeanWell up.