Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Darth Maul is DEAD DEAD DEAD!  (Read 5798 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Re: Darth Maul is DEAD DEAD DEAD!
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 16, 2013, 02:07:58 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;729207

As for Episodes I, II, and III, the do not exist in my mind. I believe I watched each of them a couple times, tried a few fan edits, found no way to like them (maybe a scene or two), and discarded them forever. There is no parts 1-3, there is only:

Wait, if Episodes I, II and III do not exist then why are we talking about Darth Maul? :confused:

For the record i like Darth Maul but not the 3 movies. Ep I was good because of the lightsabre deuls in it. Liam Neeson was good too. So was the CGI artwork of Corusent.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 02:09:02 AM »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 03:35:21 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;729365
Wait, if Episodes I, II and III do not exist then why are we talking about Darth Maul? :confused:

For the record i like Darth Maul but not the 3 movies. Ep I was good because of the lightsabre deuls in it. Liam Neeson was good too. So was the CGI artwork of Corusent.

Because he's a character in the books I listed? :)

As for Star Trek, I actually do like it, but what "they" consider canon...

...well it's not important to me in regards to Star Trek. I mean I'm not as passionate about it. I love the old Kirk,Spock,Bones movies, and I like the old 70's animated series quite a bit. Used to watch Next Gen and a little Enterprise, but never got too addicted, but I can say I liked the new movie, it felt like Star Wars kinda, had that kinda flow to it, though it of course didn't contain the underlying mystical element which I crave so much and has all but been banished from the latest in Star Wars movie and TV offerings.

As for my Star Wars canon, it consists of books, comics, and the old West End role playing books. What George McLucas says is Canon is a joke, he can't even keep things straight with the original stories which he takes total credit for conceiving....

...funny too, his original was drastically re-edited. The second and third were not even written by him, and the majority of the fleshing out of his very basic scripts, were done by others too, in fact they stepped in and changed whole elements of his stories, so ya... now that he has returned to do more Star Wars, he's made a mess of things.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 06:14:35 AM »
Interesting. I think you should take a look at this:

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/?page_id=845&postTabs=2

You can also find them on Youtube.

It's a fanmade re-imagining of the aborted Star Trek series. The aborted series was planned in the late 70's but they chose at the last minute to make movies instead.

These fan made productions are awesome to watch. They are far superior to the Abram movies by far. For a start they have personality which the hollywood version doesn't have and it is also far more accurate to the vision of Gene Roddenberry.

Are there any Star Wars fan made productions i can watch? If yes are they any good? If the Star Wars fans get their act together they could follow in the Trekkies footsteps and easily make a film superior to any Canon Star Wars film. Remember the 1st movie was made on a shoe string budget, so imagine what they could do today.

My point is if you don't like George Lucas kick him out.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:17:35 AM by Kesa »

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 09:16:59 AM »
Sweet, I'll check them out!

Fanmade Star Wars? Yes! Hope you don't mind subs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQzOQI1Rdn0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j4oUVYg1hg

They are raising money for the third installment.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 05:34:13 AM »
Awesome movies. These guys should be showing Disney and George Lucas how to make proper movies. I thought the story was a little confusing but i still really enjoyed it. I think it's amazing what fans can do when they put their minds to it. Are there any others?

Also what about games for the PC? I don't play many games so are they any good? If yes i will play one.

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 02:54:04 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;729491
Awesome movies. These guys should be showing Disney and George Lucas how to make proper movies. I thought the story was a little confusing but i still really enjoyed it. I think it's amazing what fans can do when they put their minds to it. Are there any others?

Also what about games for the PC? I don't play many games so are they any good? If yes i will play one.

The movie can be a little bit tricky to follow since it seems to jump around a bit like Pulp Fiction, and of course the directing style is kinda different, but ya, I was very impressed, can't say I've seen another Star Wars fan film that I really wanted to watch over and over.

The general plot line is this just in case you missed it. A very very very very very long time after Return of the Jedi, the most powerful Jedi on the Counsel goes in search of an ancient artifact. When he finds it, and ANCIENT sith is guarding it, kills off the team the Jedi Master came with, and tells him that he is the one that prophecy spoke of that would gain access to the ancient artifact which would make him "The Living Force", what ever that means. I imagine they are going to explain that in the third movie.
 Anyhow, he is at first angered that the Sith killed off his party, but then eventually succumbs to the lure of the ancient Sith's words, as he is told by the Sith that he will be given infinite bodies in order that he may live infinite generations if he needs to, in order to locate the ancient artifact.

NOTE: All this stuff ties borrows heavily from the Star Wars Old Republic Era which takes place about 60,000- 10,000 years before Phantom Menace, Also it borrows from elements introduce in the first century after Return of the Jedi.

In the mean time a girl is born who the Jedi Seers identify as The One who is actually intended to gain access to the Ancient Artifact which makes One The Force. The Jedi Knight who in the first movie, turns to the Dark Side, seeks out this girl, but the Seers hide her and send her off with a Jedi Master to be trained.

Years later, she is grown up, The Seers foresee a dark future in which the Jedi Become extinct, and despite their personal torment over having to make this choice, the send the Girl (now in her early 20's) and her Master in the Retrieve the Artifact because they have a vision of the Fallen Jedi Master discovering it soon.

While in the temple that contains the artifact, they confront the fallen Jedi Master, and things kind of end about there... till next movie.

I'm going to show my buddy that Star Trek Fan Film project, he's nuts about Star Trek, I hope he likes it, it's very much like the old show, very cool for what it is, the B-Rate cheese compliments it very well, it's in spirit with the original for sure!

Oh ya, Star Wars game. If you are into RPG's then the first two Knights of the Old Republic.

If FPS's are your thing then Dark Forces and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight with the Enhancement pack:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jedi-knight-enhanced

Starts off great, slows down a bit, then BAM, kicks off again! But if you don't like retro, then skip it.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 10:16:11 PM »
Thanks. You clearly are passionate about Star Wars :)

I understood the story fine. I'm used to complicated storylines. My only criticism is that Hope was a copy of Luke Skywalker and the story was too similar to the classic movie Star Wars. Do we really need another chosen one in denial? I would think there would be more stories in the Star Wars universe than the usual good vs evil saga. Let's hope in the future they will do something else.

I think i might pass on those games. I still haven't finished Assassins Creed III - too boring. Games are getting boring to me now  : /

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;729879
Thanks. You clearly are passionate about Star Wars :)

I understood the story fine. I'm used to complicated storylines. My only criticism is that Hope was a copy of Luke Skywalker and the story was too similar to the classic movie Star Wars. Do we really need another chosen one in denial? I would think there would be more stories in the Star Wars universe than the usual good vs evil saga. Let's hope in the future they will do something else.

I think i might pass on those games. I still haven't finished Assassins Creed III - too boring. Games are getting boring to me now  : /

There are plenty of Star Wars books that go beyond the whole "Chosen One/ Good VS Evil Premiss" That's sort of one of the major elements now a days...

making grey areas where in it is hard to decide who is wrong and who is right.

As an example, the Republic Commando books make it very hard to like let alone trust the Jedi. In fact one of the Jedi in the book denounces the Jedi, not to fall to the dark side, but something else... ;)

Offline persia

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 02:11:53 AM »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 03:45:45 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;729266
PS - I'm drunk.

Oh like THATS anything new Kesa.

BTW - Your right. Star Trek is better. After all, light sabers? Come on!
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 03:49:20 AM »
And you'll all have to excuse X as  he is far to into this Star Wars stuff.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline persia

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 12:19:57 PM »
The Doctor is back!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]