Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: XBox 360 not quite Amiga I know  (Read 3832 times)

Description:

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
Re: XBox 360 not quite Amiga I know
« on: October 14, 2005, 04:13:45 AM »
Making judgements on systems that aren't even finalized is foolish.  Of course, making judgements based on specs alone is even more so.  It all comes down to the games.

Even Nintendo agrees with this...  Revolution Less Powerful

Myself, I'll be picking up an XBox360 since it is available soon, and there are games that I want to play on it (Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham Racing 3, Madden 06, etc.)  

If/when the PS3 and Rev come out I'll probably pick up those as well, provided there are good games for them.  

For the GCN, it appears that the focus has officially shifted to the Rev, leaving it to an early death.  Rapidly declining sales, lack of games, premiere titles falling off the release list and/or being delayed, etc.  I think everyone could see this happening for a long time.  After all, if your best launch title is Luigi's Mansion, then you have a problem.
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 04:22:33 AM »
BTW, to the original poster.  I'd be warry of buying a Japanese 360.  First, it will be NTSC not the PAL video mode you need.  Plus, it's probably that region protection will exist limiting you to only Japanese games.

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 04:21:24 PM »

lou_dias wrote:
BTW, the Gamecube may go down it price to $60-80 new by Christmas and I'd still like to stick AROS on it.

Possible, but with no good titles coming out, who will buy one?  The Mario Party 7 bundle shows that Nintendo is trying to clear excess inventory.  

ps,
May be I'll start a new thread: "potential G5 PPC Amiga real cheap!"
Let's see, people can complain about no hard drive, then I can say hook one up to one of the USB 2.0 ports...  Then they can say oh, that PPC isn't binary compatible...and dare me to prove them wrong meanwhile PPC compilers have been generating GC homebrew code just fine and will continue to do so as well on Revolution.  Then they'll complain the hardware is out of date yet the last time they bought a PC was 1991...  Then they'll complain that 802.11b/g Wi-Fi is too slow meanwhile no actual real-world internet download speed have exceeded .8Mbit/s partially because upload speeds from whomever you are downloading from is always alot less than download speeds...  Then they'll complain it's not secure when Broadcom has the most secure Wi-Fi with transparent security built-in...  Yadda yadda yadda... :rtfm:

I'd wait until the specs are at least finalized/known.  Right now your speculation isn't based on any facts or real information, just rumors.

".8Mbit/s"  :crazy: :crazy:

But trolls will be trolls - I guess.  :lol:

Yes, since you trolled this post and made it into another Nintendo fanboy rant...

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 06:06:20 PM »
I'll just ignore the Nintentroll and give some reasons to buy the XBox360.  

#1  Perfect Dark Zero

#2  Project Gotham Racing 3

#3 Kameo

etc...  These are launch titles, it's only going to get better as time goes on.  

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 08:41:02 PM »
Sports fans?  Of course, all are these will be playable online...

Madden 06

FIFA 06

NBA Live 06