Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vesalia are taking Pegasos preorders  (Read 10771 times)

Description:

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
Re: Vesalia are taking Pegasos preorders
« on: March 23, 2002, 11:45:18 AM »
Understandable marketing move. Eyetech get out there in the marketplace with a working product which builds optimism.

Others
* Fear losing the marketplace after the immense fud campaign that was partly successfull last year ( caused one hell of a backlash ) now Eyetech are actually getting working boards in the hands of users.

* Want to get in on the preorder bonanza.

* Artificially puff up the AmigaONE price in their store and one wonders why.

* Waffle on about dual processor options when there are no cards for it yet - just a vague committment. Plus it will cost you.

Eyetech and AmigaOS4 have the momentum now - just do not p*ss it up.

Dont get me wrong, Ill consider Pegasos as well when it comes out. But given that I have far too many computers in my study at the moment anyway and it will need its bios key ( no doubt the warez lobby will provide a work around for that ) et al its too little too late.

If the Bplan/MorphOS campaign had actually released a hardware and software option in GA form before now I would have gone with that.

No doubt we will see more comparisons of apples with elephants ( i.e. marketing ) before this is settled.

Dave.
Hate figure. :lol:

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2002, 12:46:40 PM »
Dreamer? No. The AmigaONE ( hardware project ) is complete and working. Ill happily be using it with Linux PPC until AmigaOS4 comes out which is a seperable product. Just because the ability to perform linear seperation is way beyond your perceptrons doesnt mean it is others ;-)

The difference is that the pegasos has been
totally redesined, while the AmigaOne is
a TerronCX...

Second - yeah thats right - how about you go read the AmigaONE FAQ on Eyetechs site about the TerronCX or do you prefer to spread more FUD....

Dave.

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2002, 01:02:15 PM »

I haven not seen it working, did you? I already saw a Pegasos running AmigaOS software last November.

1. Wow Eyetech and Hyperion really have you folks on the run again dont they?

2. Running natively, running UAE or running MorphOS ( != AmigaOS )?

Keep up the FUD, youll get another backlash on your hands soon enough which will drive more sales for Eyetech. I used to sit on the fence about this lot until the debates on ann, moobunny and #morphos got to the point where the clueless were way overcompensating and flaming anyone who tried to discuss any points with them. I dont even think the worse ones really knew what they were talking about they were just banding together to bully.

If that lot are going the morphos/bplan route watch me and other moderates go the opposite direction. If only I could persuade Shawn and Rue to go the MorphOS route now too ;-)

Dave.

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2002, 05:22:02 PM »
Who said that? I must need to reread this thread :-)

The AmigaONE is the AmigaONE. AmigaOS is AmigaOS. MorphOS is MorphOS etc.

Compatibility or otherwise of any of these pretenders is yet to be tested. Frankly I dont really care - I have made my choice and that is AmigaONE + Linux and later if its any good AmigaONE + AmigaOS.

As for this:

It's a partly redesigned teroncx, using the same
bios (seems that hyperion will replace this).  

I fail to see the point in you bringing it up in the first place. Is this somehow supposed to make something "bad"??

Those that some seem to hold aloft as the saviours of the Amiga vision - e.g. ex PhaseV employees/owners seem to want to rewrite history or do you want me to repeat all the angst I had to get hold of my PowerUP board and the ensuing damage done to the marketplace by poor delivery, poor after sales, the kernel issue etc etc.

From day one the PowerUP boards had a waiting list numbered in the months - demand way outstripping supply. Now we have TWO revisions of AmigaOS that support PowerPC, one official the other "not" and TWO PPC boards yet I still see the same old s**t being posted, the same old games being played with press releases ( "AmigaOS is real!" ... day later "so is MorphOS" ). I mean SNORE!!!!!!

Get all these b*stard options to market and lets P L A Y!!!!

Dave. :-)

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2002, 05:45:30 PM »
LOL!

Ive seen this comment on ann but not here so far:

"Oooh, bPlan haven't licensed the 'Amiga One' name, Pegasos can't be any good!"

But then I didnt see some of the stuff that Kenny referenced in this thread either.

Deletions?
Jumping at shadows?

The whole boring debate is over - AmigaONE is orderable for the common Amiga usable capable of putting it in an ATX case and plugging GFX cards into PCI slots which should be everyone by now.

We wont see the end to lobbying for one solution or the other. We wont see the end to the FUD campaign. We wont see the end to the branding freaks comments. We wont see the end of childish morons posting.

At least we will see the start of some usable, production ready Amiga-a-like hardware soon which is way further on than we have been for ages as opposed to that travesty of Amiga misbranding being pushed elsewhere...

Dave. :-D

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2002, 10:21:40 PM »

So wrong on both accounts AMIga is hardware and software(os).Without the great hardware you just have a great os running on a lineal machince . Then the amiga os becomes lineal -no multitasking,no real-time ,plus not to mention no true 24bit of graphics when it is restricted to this type of hardware. Let me explain here. The Amiga gets or uses 24bits of graphics per each channel of v,g,a.The rest use 8bit ,ie the pc, per each channel, so yes pcs get emmulated 24 bitbut not true 24bit . Amiga is not about lies but about truth firstly.

Hello again Shawn. We had this discussion on ANN way before you starting using mine and others handles to spoof as us to stir the s**t. It seems you never read followups either ( which is a very Rueian habit ) because if you did you would have read my detailed technical explanation of why you are completely incorrect, quoting from the Amiga RKRMs, AA technical reference et al.

Your prose is instantly recognisable as are your views, you are pretty unique really.

If you need money to buy books or get an education Im sure we would all chip in.

Regards

Dave.