Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PC -> Amiga file transfer  (Read 1249 times)

Description:

PC -> Amiga file transfer
« on: November 30, 2002, 02:25:23 AM »
Do I have to use a link cable? Can I just copy a file to a disk with pc and and use it in my Amiga?

Offline The_Beast

• Show only replies by The_Beast
Re: PC -> Amiga file transfer
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2002, 02:35:22 AM »
first of all, what amiga do you have? you can either get a network card for the amiga and set up a network, as i have done, uising samba, or, if the files will fit on a 720k diskette, you can format a ds/dd 720k disk on the pc, and set up crossdos on the amiga and the amiga will be able to read the disk =) and if you happen to have a high density drive on the amiga yopu can use 1.44 meg pc disks....

hope this helps    :-)

Offline The_Beast

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2002, 02:37:53 AM »
actually there are other ways to network amiga/pc, theres the old fashioned null modem cable, or parallel network =) i havent used either in a long time so i dont remember the details    :-?

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2002, 02:48:57 AM »

The_Beast wrote:
 and if you happen to have a high density drive on the amiga yopu can use 1.44 meg pc disks

Can I get a standard PC´s FDD working with my A600 somehow?

Offline The_Beast

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2002, 02:57:27 AM »
well, you'll have to buy a high density drive from somewhere like software hut, and youll need the driver software for it and youll still need crossdos....
theres something weird about the pinouts that a pc floppy wont work in an amiga..unfortunately...    :python: