Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ibrowse2.3  (Read 3919 times)

Description:

Offline elendil

• Show only replies by elendil
    • http://www.idiot.fnuck.dk
Re: Ibrowse2.3
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 01, 2002, 01:12:20 PM »
Well. I have a free connection and always download opera+java, but it has never worked with any version. I think javascript is just screwed (I know it is not related to the jre shipped with opera), while most java things seem to check for internet explorer, and kindly tell me that I am unable to use it.

My point was just that java is not really needed by _me_ (not just because I never get it working :)),

As for the person saying he will wait for a decent browser that works with his bank...good luck. If your bank has a set of programmers alike in skill to the ones of the danish banks you will have to wait a long, long time. These are just horrible. The one I use (the best with fewest charges for every stupid thing you might be doing) requires a specific path for a keyfile, for example. And guess what: it's "c:\danskebank\somemore", rendering it unusable on my ibook, unless I use Virtual PC.

I could use a Virtual PC for AOS4.

Sincerely,

-Kenneth Straarup.

Offline Kay

• Show only replies by Kay
    • http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kayare
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2002, 01:27:11 PM »
> As for the person saying he will wait for a decent browser that works with his bank...good luck.

Hey, it all depends on the bank. My bank works just fine and dandy with IBrowse today. :-D

Kay

Offline samface

• Show only replies by samface
    • http://www.mindrelease.net
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2002, 01:31:21 PM »
> I can't seem to find anything but the Amiga 68k
> and the MorphOS verison on the Vapor site.
> What's the file called?

/pub/voyager/v3_3_beta123_morphos.lha

Runs perfect on my Amiga.

So does LinuxPPC, for example. Is that *Amiga* software too?
\\"640k ought to be enough for anybody.\\" - Bill Gates, 1981

Offline uncharted

• Show only replies by uncharted
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2002, 01:49:13 PM »

Kay wrote:
> But Voyager DOES support flash, doesn't it ?

It does, but it is for PowerUp. For me, this makes it quite unusable, since I run WarpUp, and the PowerUp emulation has a tendency of crashing YAM (well, at least it used to). Considering the popularity of WarpUp and YAM, I doubt I'm the only one in this situation.

That's odd, I managed to rely on Voyager to do my online Cisco course (which uses flash throughout) and I only have an 040.  There are 68K versions available which means that (probably to the disgust of David Gerber) there will be a fairly fast (if outdated) version available for the AmigaOne.

@everyone

I agree with what one guy said, no-one forces you to use an Amiga, if you're really that bothered by Amiga web software, buy a PC or Mac - Simple.  Personnally I've found browsing on an Amiga OK for the most part, and usually if one browser doesn't work on a site another will.

Yes it is annoying when you fork out £££s for a browser (that'd be free on any other platform) in the hope of the next version being more up to date, only to wait 2 years and get nothing.  But that is the Amiga market's fault - these things can only be part-time work.

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2002, 04:44:03 PM »
by createcoms on 2002/12/1 0:35:12

And yes, as predicted - Im saying it's kick arss

Thank you so much for coming out of the woods and speaking.
I wished many more would talk, like you did.