Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new forum sections for compatibles???  (Read 1510 times)

Description:

Offline jeffimix

• Show only replies by jeffimix
Re: new section addition?
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 25, 2003, 06:04:50 AM »
Well AROS is source compatible, so no reason it isn;t running all the amiga freeware. I know it has a Deluxe Paint clone...
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2003, 06:10:51 AM »
There should be specific sections.

There should be a section for unexpanded classic Amigas, a section for classic Amigas which have been upgraded with PPC, PCI, and graphics cards etc, a section for Amithlon / UAE, a section for Classic Amigas running Linux (68k or APUS), a section for A1 running Linux, a section for Pegasos running MorphOS, a section for Pegasos running Linux, a section for AROS, and probably some other sections too.  

And you should have to prove that you own / use one of the systems before you are allowed to post in a particular section (maybe take a picture, and send it along with the output from whichamiga,  to one of the moderators for verification).  

This would stop all the bickering and flaming as only AROS people would post to the AROS section, ony MorphOS people would post to the MorphOS section, etc. so there would be no "My PPC Amiga is better than your UAE" or "My Pegasos is better than your A1" etc as the only people posting in the same sections as you have the same computer.

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2003, 06:12:47 AM »

Wolfe wrote:
Does AROS actually run Amiga software now?  Or does it just look like an Amiga?   :-D

It runs Amiga software if you get the sourcecode and recompile it but it wont run the original 68k exe's as there's no 68k emulation.

Offline Targhan

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
Re: new forum sections for compatibles???
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2003, 06:34:34 AM »

I honestly think that making too many extra forums is a bad thing for now.  I think it may become a good idea in the future, but not just yet.  Like I said, it's just my opinion, but I don't think there is enough demand to warrent seperating the forums just yet.
Regards,
Targhan

Offline jeffimix

• Show only replies by jeffimix
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2003, 06:41:19 AM »
@Lando

My WinUAE SUCKS crashes without explanation (no it's not guruing, the program randomly quits on me, dang windows xp, dang Windows ME being so bad I had to get Xp, dang Windows 85 for the himem.sys error I was glad to lose, dang windows 98 for being bug ridden and crashy, dang my Vaio for ocming with the even worse Me /rant)

but extra forums would be nice, the fact is, the hardware/software/et al forums are one of my favorite a.org 'features' over a.com and amigawordl.net
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo