Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Forum Restructuring  (Read 18121 times)

Description:

Offline Thorham

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga.org Forum Restructuring
« on: October 01, 2015, 03:11:14 PM »
Quote from: Dandy;796692
Different topic:
What I'm also missing here in the forum at A.org is a way to "mask" links like it is possible e.g. at Amiga-News.De.  At amiga-news.de they have a button on the posting screen that - once  clicked - opens an requestor where you can enter the URL and another one  to enter the title (e.g. name of the website). This is a very neat  feature, as some links can be really long (several lines) and it really  makes sense to "mask" them like I did above with "Amiga-News.De".

I also miss buttons for bold, italics and underlined.
Or to enter code that shall get displayed as entered (and not interpreted as html) like I used it here to draw a schematics.

Furthermore I miss the large list of emoticons to pick from for use inside  a posting. All I can see is a (short) list to pick an emoticon from for  the thread title - below the editor window. The list for the use inside  postings on the right side (or was it left?) disappeared some years  ago...

Such little gimmicks would make posting here much more convenient without having to know html...
What are you talking about? All these features are available and have been for years. Typing BB code isn't necessary.