Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A500 Promo  (Read 5315 times)

Description:

Offline scuzzb494

Re: A500 Promo
« Reply #44 from previous page: February 21, 2010, 12:29:18 AM »
Quote from: LoadWB;544120
You know, I have been lusting after one of those black floppies for a long time.  I recall the beige model was the 1011, what is the model of the black drive?  I really cannot explain why I want one.  That and a black keyboard.  *sigh*

Some floppy drives for you... I do like the black one with my CDTVs. The beige one maybe the 1060 by the way not sure... My 1011 is white.

http://www.commodore-amiga-retro.com/amiga/amiga_scuzz29.htm

scuzz
http://www.commodore-amiga-retro.com

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 06:46:03 AM »
Quote from: Cammy;543879
Hell Labs, do you have to be so ignorant in every post you make on this forum? The CDTV had some very well made and informative video ads made for it that explain the many uses it had as a multimedia entertainment system with the ability to easily turn it into a fully functioning home computer. Just have a look on YouTube maybe before coming back with comments you know are going to piss off most of the people on this forum (like nearly everything you have ever posted on Amiga.org).

+1 Cammy!

I am surprised to see you post something so harsh (but true) on these forums.  It is usually me or one of the other hot headed members here that get fed up with someone who repeatedly posts such ignorant messages on the forums and posts a flaming message aimed at the offender.  I have been posting much less often though and restraining myself from voicing my opinions as much as possible since the first of the year.  I fear that even the A.org forums are getting infected by young disrespectful computer users that feel they can post anything they want and they get some kind of kick from making other users angry, or they get on a power trip from putting others down from the safe distance of their keyboard without fear of retaliation.  Not that all offenders are young, many older but immature users have the same sick mind set.

It is this growing frequency of bad behavior that has me spending less and less time on any forums, as the lack of courtesy and common sense is sickening to see.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Boudicca

• Show only replies by Boudicca
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2010, 10:04:30 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;544190
+1 Cammy!
It is this growing frequency of bad behavior that has me spending less and less time on any forums, as the lack of courtesy and common sense is sickening to see.

Its not necessarily an age thing, I think its the txt/facebook culture where anything goes frankly and no one bats an eyelid. I hear all sorts of things these days where Taboo has been replaced with F*ck u and with that is the "Open" txt bullying conversations that has begun with the young I suppose but now seems to turn 10,000 facebook friends into sexual/gender/power leverage.

How many times has anyone heard of someone bitching via facebook and drag the skeletons right into view for all to see and later you hear, some deal/relationship/Job/promotion etc somehow miraculously happens, when on the face of it, the person who started it should have by old skool been ostracised and made an outcast.

The clique has grown up and lives on the internet. Instead of round the beer table.
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline PhatAgnus

• Show only replies by PhatAgnus
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 12:08:16 AM »
I for one have zero use for facebook, twitter et al. I've been on the net so long that it's all kind of "been there-done that" since the invent of AmIRC!! Everyone treats it like it's never been done before -
\\"You\\\'re asking for logic where there is none.\\"

Offline m4rk1z

• Show only replies by m4rk1z
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2010, 10:05:57 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;544190
+1 Cammy!

I am surprised to see you post something so harsh (but true) on these forums.  It is usually me or one of the other hot headed members here that get fed up with someone who repeatedly posts such ignorant messages on the forums and posts a flaming message aimed at the offender.  I have been posting much less often though and restraining myself from voicing my opinions as much as possible since the first of the year.  I fear that even the A.org forums are getting infected by young disrespectful computer users that feel they can post anything they want and they get some kind of kick from making other users angry, or they get on a power trip from putting others down from the safe distance of their keyboard without fear of retaliation.  Not that all offenders are young, many older but immature users have the same sick mind set.

I m trying to image him but can not decide...

:roflmao:

Sorry for OT i do not have a CDTV but it looks great imo and i know
it was better than the laser disc :laughing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTDz4epLULQ&NR=1

P.S. Ups i finally figured it out little hell-boy!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:10:34 AM by m4rk1z »
Ex-progamer & very proud owner of:
A500, A2000/60, M1538, CD32, C64C/G/2x1541 II, 2x1581, 2xAR7/8, C128, C128D, 2x1084S, 8xC2N, SNES, 3xCOINUP, XBOX1/360

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2010, 11:06:04 PM »
Quote from: Hell Labs;543853
How could they promote the CDTV?

"please buy this, we don't know what we made it for, but please buy it off us? We've got a ******** of them, they're all over the place, We have to wade through pointless wastes of engineering budget every time we want to use the coffee machine. They're like tribbles or something. Send help."

Yeah, its kind of like the Apple Newton. An idea way before its time.

Philips CDI also failed...

I suppose apple should have just given up on handhelds after the Newton and concentrated efforts on just computers.

Offline bbond007

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2010, 11:24:21 PM »
Quote from: Hell Labs;543913
I can't really say people would want to watch a film in OCS graphics, thats what, 32 colour video? And no record function. I don't really understand why people who didn't use computers would have wanted one, over say a vcr and a nintendo or something.

What, canada?

From CDXL Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDXL

In an era shortly after the introduction of CD-ROM drives and before low cost MPEG decoding hardware became available the CDXL format was created primarily for the Amiga CDTV to permit playback of video from CD-ROM. CDXL was tailored for the Amiga chipset and took advantage of DMA transfers and relied little on the CPU [2]. As a result CDXL could only support weak video compression and therefore relatively low video resolutions and moderate frame rates.
The CDXL format initially allowed playback of up to 24 frames per second with up to 4096 colors encoded in HAM-6. Audio support allowed for 8-bit mono or stereo sound.

Here is an example of 24FPS HAM 6 Video. This is a Minimig, but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNWLtSWXtD8

I'm sure it supported EHB (64 color mode) which on a 320x200 screen, might not look too bad...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:27:07 PM by bbond007 »

Offline bbond007

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2010, 12:06:11 AM »
Quote from: Cammy;544001
Check this one out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPPIyQXA4E

Cammy,

CDTV was a totally cool concept. CDs were a major leap in storage technology!

The encyclopedia stuff on CD was a really cool idea before its time. When I was in school my family had about a 60% complete encyclopedia set. Past like "P" you were screwed - Except for we had "W" for some reason.

I'd of rather had a CDTV :)