Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiBridge 1.5 preview on Icarodesktop.org  (Read 6176 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Aros on mac or jurt pc?t h
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:59:37 PM »
Quote from: thaddaeus;455103
I like the progress of this project but i don't have an intel box. I have a mac powerbook g4. I would love to run all my amiga stuff from 93-98what are my best options? Run windows emulation on the mac to run uae aros?

First message on the "New A.org" format. Keep up the great work Wayne.

@thaddaeus,

I would not try to run AROS on your PowerBook through an emulated Windows environment.  I used to do that on my 1GHz G4 PowerBook with WinUAE and though it worked, it was slow and jerky at times.

I think there is (was) a PPC Mac version of AROS, or you could run the PPC version of EUAE to run old 68k Amiga applications if you can get it set up correctly.

Also, save that working G4 PowerBook and keep an eye on the work to port MorphOS to the PPC G4 MacMini, as it has been suggested that some of the team of developers working on that project have also gotten the early beta versions of that work to also boot on their own PPC G4 PowerBook and that there is a good chance that shortly after MorphOS3.0 for the MacMini is released, there will be another release (MOS3.1, 3.2???) for owners of G4 PowerBooks.  I certainly hope so, because I own one that is broken and will have it repaired as soon as it can run MorphOS3.x.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)