Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: what is wrong with these prices?  (Read 1529 times)

Description:

Offline rednovaTopic starter

• Show only replies by rednova
    • https://sites.google.com/site/rednova3d/
what is wrong with these prices?
« on: December 25, 2007, 08:46:12 PM »
dear Friends:

I found some ridiculous prices on ebay.
Ultima: quest of the avatar, approx. 79 us$
Some D & D games for amiga..approx us$ 119 and many in between us$ 49 to us$ 119.
What the hell is wrong with this?
These games when new didn't even then costed so much.
My guess is that the intelligence between selling them so high is that these are vintage items -antiquity-and so people wil pay these ridiculous prices to get something that is not easy to get anymore.
However...I do not think is right to sell them so pricy...And they can probably get these games from another source for a reasonable price.

rednova
-mobilis in mobile-
-mobilis in mobile-

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: what is wrong with these prices?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 08:59:02 PM »
Not another thread about high prices on eBay???

Are there any bids for those high prices?  If there are, then that is what those games are worth to certain foolish people and you should not be concerned with their foolishness.  Why is it bad for anyone to try to sell anything they own for as much or as little as they want?

Can't we stop the whining here about eBay prices, specially today when we should be thankful for what we have and spreading goodwill to others.

If you don't like the prices then don't bid. PERIOD!
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 09:26:36 PM »
Also you can't compare the price when it was new to 20+ years later.  They don't make them anymore and if you are a collector (and rich) you may pay for an item many times more than it would of cost when new.  

EG: Take for instance Bounty Bob Strikes back for the Atari 5200.  Cost when new?  Around $50.  Cost today? Around $500.
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Firedawg

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Firedawg
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 09:34:42 PM »
@rednova

I agree with amigadave on this issue, and I do not want you to feel as if I'm piling on.  I do a bit of buying/selling on eBay.  

Some items I sell on eBay I wish only to make enough to cover my expenses, effort, and on other auctions I wish to make market value or better.  

When I buy/bid, as I know many do, I want the lowest price possible, but if the item is rare and I need it to complete part of a collection I may spend more to obtain it.

When a seller starts his auction price high, or uses only a high price "Buy Now" option, he/she cuts out the normal market value offerings that they would have gotten had they started lower.  

By starting higher they leave the auctions to those who are willing to spend far above the normal market value, which is few buyers to none.  

Just remember when someone uses this high price method and does not sell they are still paying for the fees to list on eBay, and believe me they add up.
Amiga 4000T/60 - A2000/60 - 1200T/60, Soldered Up 3 x Minimig 1.1, Mac Mini 1.5 Running MacOSX/MOS 2.7-Registered