Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More people every day!  (Read 3747 times)

Description:

Offline davidmace

• Show only replies by davidmace
Re: More people every day!
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 16, 2006, 03:17:36 PM »
Well having had a 10 year break I'm now back in the Amiga scene, bought an Amiga 500 on e-bay, should arrive at the weekend. Why did i suddenly decide to come back? Mainly because i missed some of the games i used to play, maybe the best graphically but gameplay were top notch, also getting a bit annoyed with the current PC trend of games where they release then fix the bugs after it's been released.

Offline Fester

• Show only replies by Fester
    • http://www.rdmsnippets.com
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 04:30:09 PM »

ravnen wrote:
I am a recent returnee.

I think that the reson we see so many coming back to the comunity now is that my generation, that grew up using amiga and had to save for a long time to get some addons, finaly is starting to get established and now have the cashflow to afford this kind of hobby.

Very very true! I used a bare bones A2000 for a long time when they were fresh and new. Now, I have two, primarily as a hobby, but also because of my frustrating moneyless student days! I'd love to stuff an A2000 to the gills with everything I couldn't afford in 1988.

Fester

Offline tonyvdb

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 07:17:51 PM »
Keep in mind that alot of Amiga users have been closet dwellers for years and are now starting to reveal themselves.
I myself have been a heavy user of the Amiga since 1993. The reason I came on this site was because I needed help with some issues and then stayed as I found the community to be very friendly and I also was able to help many others.
Retro gaming is a bit of a fad at the moment so thats a big draw back to the Amiga as its platform probably has some of the most games available and also gives the user alot of other options.
Amiga 2000HD Indivision ECS
Amiga 4000D towerised OS 3.1 and 3.9 on CF cards
Indivision AGA, Mediator 4000
Video Toaster 4000 Flyer v4.3 Millenium.
202gig of video drive space & 5gig audio.

Offline Kree_d

• Show only replies by Kree_d
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 06:18:47 AM »
Howdy, Im a new forum user. But a old time amiga user, started using the 500 in 88 at the age of 4. I have been browsing for amiga news every 6 months for years now, and just started patrolling the web tonight looking for os4 on ps3 info. Found the site here and decided to register. Amiga is still know by the people we are just lurking in the shadows.

Offline Starke

• Show only replies by Starke
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 04:50:11 AM »
Dear Amiga Community,

I am recently back in the game, very recent. I was one of those who didnt realise Amiga was actually still alive, and I think this may be the case for many people, who would potentially love to support the company if they knew about it.

I think a bigger problem for Amiga as a whole, is the lack of advertising, and the lack of word of mouth from exsisting Amiga people.

I think the next time someone says something good about windows, tell them why windows is actually a bad thing to praise. Give people reasons, and we could all let them read the Hyperion website over Amiga os4. You know,Ive only been back in the game for A week and 2 days, And ive already got friends and mates and people I dont know, already seriously thinking about buying Amiga emulators for their PC's.

It wont be long, If Amiga manages to prove itself of a good system in early April this year, that there will be people who will then Buy it. Even people new to the Amiga.

All in All, I am 25, and one of the last posts I read, indicates I am not the youngest to seek Amiga again, and to desire for Amiga to RISE again.

Thats it, I think you all know it too, if we helped the company a little more, even if its only by word of mouth, then we can enjoy even bigger and better things from this Lovely company.

Cheers

Phillip 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 05:06:31 AM »
Wow, makes me feel old hearing about Amiga users that were born in the 1980s or later!!!

But nice to see there are still plenty of people using the platform!

- Ali

Offline Mucker

• Show only replies by Mucker
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 08:36:31 PM »
I was born in 1974, and still got my original c64, and up untill last year, had my MB Vectrex as well.

Bought my first A500 when i was 15, and it cost around £500 as well i think.

Any ways, what we need as well is a kitty to fund amiga boffins among us, who could get products on shelves again.

If i was just retuning, i`d want to be able to walk in to pc world and say

Ill have an Amiga 1 light please, running os4.0. and not be left looking like an idiot, cos the spotty 16year old working in there, thinks pc is the only machine and format on the face of the planet.
 :destroy:
In the end, there can be only 1....
A1G4 PPC
A1000
Eyetech Z4 12060
A600
CDTV
CD32

Amigan from jan 1988  :-D

Offline Nostalgiac

• Show only replies by Nostalgiac
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 09:32:16 PM »

Fester wrote:
Very very true! I used a bare bones A2000 for a long time when they were fresh and new. Now, I have two, primarily as a hobby, but also because of my frustrating moneyless student days! I'd love to stuff an A2000 to the gills with everything I couldn't afford in 1988.

Fester

exactly my own point. I revived my old 2000/030 recently and gave it an 060 and tomorrow (royal-mail not-home-when-delivering note) a C64/3d simply because "I can now" ...

ta
Tom
2000/2060/128mb/2320/2gb/C64-3D/Hydra-Aminet on OS 3.9

c128/1541/1750/1351 with Dolphin Dos and eprom burner

Offline guru-666

• Show only replies by guru-666
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 12:31:49 AM »
sometimes when you hang around an amiga only site you forget that you are only dealing with a tiny part of the world.

I do think that old amiga heads are now finding and joining sites like this simply becasue there are so few amiga users left that the chances of finding them in the real world is nill. (user groups are mostly dead)  

I know I got a bunch of stuff recently that I just could not afford back when it came out. (prices are LOW compared to PC stuff or the old retail price)

Aminet is a good barometer. It's up and down nowdays.  That all being said it's amazing there is still software being produced, pretty cool for such a tiny community.  Glad to be part of it.