Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EMAIL  (Read 1965 times)

Description:

Offline StarkeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Starke
EMAIL
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:59:11 PM »
Curious,
Has anyone here thought about actually emailing Amiga Incorporated and Hyperio?
Why I ask:
If we all, as a whole emailed Amiga Inc and Hyperion, about wanting a new platform with the OS4 on it, and wanting new software and program to run on these Amiga computers that they were thinking of bringing out Early April of this year,
THEN:
Maybe they will turn around and start thinking that {bleep}, hang on, theres a large community still of Amiga users who actually want new and better Amiga computers, and equipment, software, programs, meetings, etc, etc.

IN THE END, Amiga Inc and Hyperion did not have the plans to creats OS4 for no reason, nor would thay state on the Hyperion website about wanting to bring it out onto an Amiga computer for no reason, however, we need to give them a reason for doing it sooner, rather than later.

8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Re: EMAIL
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 01:07:24 PM »
ALSO:
If you think about it, Amiga Inc did have plans to try and make the Name and Amiga OS big again, via joing with eyetech and hyperion and whomever else at the time, but NO, I dont remeber anyone frantically emailing them to say that It is good idea and they should go ahead with it.

At the same time, according to the Hyperion website, dated by memory 2004, two and a little years ago, they were still working hard to make it happen.

Hence, what makes all of you guys assume Amiga is dead, when they clearly were trying to bring out a new Amiga Operating system, Amiga OS4, specifically to be a standalone OS, on Specifically designed Amiga computers.

WHY DID NONE OF YOU EMAIL THEM??? And why is it, that no one seems to give a [Edited by Argo: Profanity] about AMiga here?? OH, you say you do, my apologies, So far Ive only met one user online here, that actually isnt negative towards my broad and open thinking.

YOU ALL KNOW ITS POSSIBLE, Its like voting, we all need to vote who gets into leading the country, well, lets place our emails toqwards Amiga inc, tell them what we all want, and that it is an excellent choice for Amiga inc to make, by bringing out a new OS4 with Amiga computer, and Mobiles, PDA's and whatever else they had planned.

LETS NOT LET THEM CAN IT AGAIN! 8-)

http://os4.hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php%3Foption=content&task=blogsection&id=6&Itemid=30.html

I recommend those that havent, read every part of this website.
AMIGA will rise!

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show only replies by A4000_Mad
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 06:51:25 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  :-o

You can't seriously be in here as well. I was looking for something different to read or try to help with. You've been at it nonstop since I placed my post in 'FFS mountlist for compact.flash.device?' over 5 hours ago:-

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23559

Pleeeeaaasse take a break or just go and get some much needed sleep. So that some of us Amigans with real Amiga problems can get some help from the members here who are pointlessly arguing with you :-D

Have you considered that you could be be offending people that have heard it all many times before, have already done what you are rambling on about, that know ten times more about it than you do, and have spent a small fortune and many years *continuously* supporting the Amiga?

You are acting as though your surname is 'Raving-mad'  :laughing:

I myself am waiting to buy OS4 and run it in an A4000 with PPC and graphics card  :-P

:idea: State the E-mail addressess where you would like E-mails to be sent. Each member can then decide for themselves whether they want to send one or not  :-)

A4000 Mad
A4000 Mad

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 07:50:11 PM »
Amiga INC and Hyperion get most of their news from moobunny. If you wanted to get their attention, your best bet would be to start a thread there and encourage everybody you can to chip in and drop a comment.

Offline Flashlab

• Show only replies by Flashlab
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 07:55:05 PM »
Could you keep your comments in one thread please when the message is the same all the time? Thank you !
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 060@50 604@200 SCSI 130Mb Ram G-Rex Voodoo3 PicassoIV Paloma Ariadne Delfina Lite

Online Flash version of BoulderDash: Offline...

Offline derringer3

• Show only replies by derringer3
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 08:04:58 PM »
In the long run hyperion will continue upgrading or support the next step in amiga/os4:

If their sales will bring them some  profit. So we could e-mail them, i think who will read that messages will be happy, but the company will be no richer. So  there will be not much money to develop a new amigaos etc.
Amiga 500: 68030@14MHz/68882@40MHz/ 5.5MB RAM/80MB HDD/Delfina FE Sound card/Kickstart 3.1/OS 3.1

Macmini 10,1 PPC 1.58GHz, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD 5400rpm, Ati Radeon 9200/32MB, , MorphOs 3.1

PowerBook 15" PPC 1.67GHz, 2GB Ram, 250GB HDD, ATI 9700/128MB, MorphOS 3.1

Offline Amiduffer

• Show only replies by Amiduffer
    • http://www.geocities.com/laverdiereaf/
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 02:00:14 AM »
Its nice to see anyone who's pumped about our little obsolete OS and limited OLD hardware. As good as it is, keep in mind some facts.

There is only 1 retail store in North America and a couple in Europe where you can purchase accessories, software, and hardware that can make your Amiga relatively usefull. The number of companies that produce software have shrunk to virtually none for all intents and purposes, leaving us with a small group of individuals who keep old programs going in their spare time. With that in mind, if Mr. Starke is SERIOUS, what would he have to do?

Find a group of of investors to invest the capital. Put a company together, get the licences, hire the programers and engineers, produce the required hardware/software, market it in the current retail system, advertise, and everything else that goes into your average modern computer company. Are you going to do that Mr. Starke? Have you come here with concrete proposals to launch a serious company? The current "companies" like Amiga Inc aren't.

Otherwise, begging us to print up fliers and place a few around town when there is NO software and NO hardware available, is a complete waste of time.
Amiga 3000D UP and running! Hear that clicking. 8)
Amiga 3000D & 4000D in storage sadly.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 02:21:46 AM »
AMIDUFFER:

Thank you, this is the exact type of information that will help me on my crusade, but I will need help. So if there are others like you who know business, and know how to go about things, speak up now, while I have some type of time left on my hands.
In a years time, it could all be over, I mayno longer have time for all what I know.
NOW IS THE TIME,
And yes, I appreciate your informative information, I will try and do this, thank you Kindly Sir,
You have been helpful with your suggestions. I will see if I can find certain type of people to invest.
But to do this, I will need everyones Knowledge here,
And how am I meant to do this? Well, maybe if I manage to find some people, who are interested to hear about my thoughts over this Amiga computers, then I can get people like urself to email them with their knowledge??

Cheers.

Kind Regards

Me. 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 03:06:16 AM »
Derringer3:

SO, you are admitting AMiga still has a faint heartbeat. good, another user on here who would support a new Amiga computer.

Next question,

Can you help me find ways to make the wider community aware of it, but before doing this,

I would like to find big companies that may support Amiga and give Amiga the proper backing thats its been missing for years, too many years.

TO EVERYONE:
If all on here could help me on this, we can make it HAPPEN.

If you dont give a hoot, then please throw away anything Amiga related that you own, because that is what you are effectively doing then anyway in the longrun.

thank you

Kind regards
Amiga man 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline Amiduffer

• Show only replies by Amiduffer
    • http://www.geocities.com/laverdiereaf/
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 03:16:57 AM »
You already have two great examples of how not to run a company, Commodore and Amiga Inc.!  :lol:

The closest I got to have a company was talking to the small business association about starting a cafe with a freind in Maine.

Talk to Jens at Individual Computers. He at least produces hardware. But, don't bother him, unless you're serious.
Amiga 3000D UP and running! Hear that clicking. 8)
Amiga 3000D & 4000D in storage sadly.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 04:27:40 AM »
Gotta admire the drive.
And the saturation.
I think the subjects are relative.  More so than some of the tangent trails you get here.
Maybe we should all be more proactive and get on the bandwagon.
Rather than waiting for something to finally come out and then being negative about it and canning it.
"It should have this, it should have that, it should cost this it should look like that."
It's too late after the event.

Go Amiga...!  Boing Me !