Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaWorld.org updated  (Read 3781 times)

Description:

Offline AmiDelfTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmiDelf
    • http://www.amitopiatv.com
AmigaWorld.org updated
« on: March 27, 2004, 11:03:34 PM »
I can inform you, that there is several updates on my website.

First, I want to thank all of you wich have been supportive to AmigaWorld.org. I will try to establish a better contact with different Amiga websites arround the globe, to go tougether and show others that our amigaworld is a strong community.

So I've updated my website, with new layout and look. I have a nice and friendly interview with a female Amiga/Pegasos user, wich is pretty rare these days also.

AmigaWorld.org will also release old Amitopia articles this week and new ones. We have new names helping me out, both from Amiga and MorphOS war.

You can say that, AmigaWorld.org is right in the middle of the big, big wall between AmigaOS4 and MorphOS users. We care about you both and so should everyone out there also.

If we as a community want publicity, creation and  motivation. We need to stand out, and just accept each interests. We could tougether build a developer page for example, for all of us. Both AmigaOS4 and MorphOS.

This community is so small, that it actually depends on you and we've been here thru R.I.P dessert and more. I want to show, either if it is KMOS or Genesi. That we all share the same vision. To go forward. Talk tougether, and get along.

I hope that you will visit and use AmigaWorld.org as a information base, and not as a competitor. It's written by me, wich have been a Amiga user since 1988. It will also now have lot's of different articles, with different writers also.

Do not "Join the Club" only. But join the Amiga/Pegasos poeple. Please return. Even if its hard,...

Regards,
Michal, www.amigaworld.org  
I love and respect people which care! And not those with
a heart made of stone.

Offline Kees

• Show only replies by Kees
    • http://www.amiga.org
Re: AmigaWorld.org updated
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 11:13:15 PM »
Thnx for the kind words on your webiste about Amiga.org :-)

Kees

Edit by Kees- Let me add that i completely agree with you about this stupid split in the community.
Kees Witteveen
Amiga.org

** Cool Signature **

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 11:57:54 PM »
No problem. We are a fair magazine on-line. With this sort of comments, we might see a change. Thats our goal.

Regards,
a heart made of stone.

Offline GadgetMaster

• Show only replies by GadgetMaster
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 02:24:56 AM »
@Amidelf

I hope you can take some constructive criticism.

Your site is nice and you say that you want to unite the community. All well and good until you read the bit about amigaworld.net

To tell you the truth that does not reflect too good on yourself and looks unprofessional. It certainly looks out of place.

A person who would like to see unification would overlook personal grudges and would only concentrate on the positive.

I hope you get my meaning. :-)

[EDIT] My comments no longer apply. Amidelf made a good move and removed the offending item.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 02:51:30 AM »
AmigaWorld.org is different, and I want it to be so.  

We are a consumer service. If this community is going to be friends again, banning is NOT the way to deal with it.

Regards,
a heart made of stone.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 04:02:13 AM »
I am sorry to say this, but your articles is heavily biased towards Genesi... This does not look very professional, and neither helps with uniting amigaos/morphos community..
Let's get the Amiga spirit back. Atleast Genesi have done a really, really great job with that. MorphOS is gathering a community and I feel a bit that the good old days is returning thanks to Genesi.

I truly find this bull aswell.. I am sorry to say it, but Genesi is the ones who ripped the community apart in first place, and have done nothing to make friends with Amiga side.. I hope this change in future though..

I have personally never seen anyone getting banned from amigaworld.net, for making constructive posts about morphos.. I must say i have not been a member of that site for longer than a 8 months or so, but i have never seen such a thing happen during the time i was a member there..

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004, 05:32:26 AM »
We should all go for what we have today. MorphOS is out, and its running on PPC hardware. AmigaOS4 is not out. If that was the case, then the whole agenda would be different.

We should support what its out now,.. and I would love to see AmigaOS4 out. Just that it isn't and Genesi have done a great job.

I have more believes in KMOS than Amiga Inc to be honest, .. what comes out of it all. That will be interesting. The ends of all lies?

Regards,
a heart made of stone.

Offline restore2003

• Show only replies by restore2003
    • http://www.contrazt.no/records.html
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2004, 09:43:46 AM »
It`s just not a good enough reason to motivate people to switch platform/os JUST because its out before os4, thats not a good enough reason.
If you need music for games, demos or are in a need of a studio mastering engineer, just contact me :-)
Check out my project homepages: www.galaxee.no   www.restore.no

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2004, 11:36:01 AM »
:crazy:

Offline restore2003

• Show only replies by restore2003
    • http://www.contrazt.no/records.html
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2004, 11:45:45 AM »
You have something to say?  ;-)

Ok, wrong choice of words, there should be more reasons to support mOS just because its out before OS4.

I`ve seen screenshots of it, seen the specs, read about it, heard feedback from users....
If you need music for games, demos or are in a need of a studio mastering engineer, just contact me :-)
Check out my project homepages: www.galaxee.no   www.restore.no

Offline choochy

• Show only replies by choochy
    • http://www.amigashare.com
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2004, 11:50:42 AM »
I dont believe there should be unity! There should be a fair and competitive split. These are seperate products in there own right, and they should stay that way.

AmigaOS and MorphOS are two seperate products and should stay that way! You cant make two Waring counties to be friends, its even harder to make them stay friends.
Chris J Nillissen
AmigaShare Team Member
www.amigashare.com

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2004, 11:59:52 AM »
@restore2003

Actually my comment wasn't aimed at you. It is aimed at the original poster ;-).

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2004, 12:49:52 PM »
@restore:

If you had take choice between AmigaOS 3.x and MorphOS 1.x, would you choose AmigaOS? If you bought Peg in late 2002 you had a chance to run "AmigaOS++" for almost 1.5 years now. I've been using MorphOS 2 years now - considerable advantage if you run AmigaOS software.

Edit

OS4 looks nice too but I can't find any reason to wait... Matter of personal taste maybe.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline DaveP

• Show only replies by DaveP
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2004, 01:52:41 PM »
:lol:

We love you too Michal

:kiss:
Hate figure. :lol:

Offline NightShade737

• Show only replies by NightShade737
    • http://atomnet.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2004, 03:34:17 PM »
True, competition could bring price drops and realistic pricing.