Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deliplayer won't work on Windoze 7 !?  (Read 5132 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
Re: Deliplayer won't work on Windoze 7 !?
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 02, 2013, 07:44:49 AM »
Hi,

@ChaosLord,

Are you using the Amiga Forever version of winuae, I used this because I am a dummy for trying to set up the free winuae plus I didn't know where to get the ROMS. Anywhose, deliplayer off Aminet 15 &18 works great on my winuae. Eagleplayer works great and so does hippoplayer. The reason I bought AF was because they look at your machine and setup is automatic, I am sort of dumb, and gracefully lazy when it comes to all the headwork to set up a program. I do it when I have to, but gives me a headache.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline ChaosLordTopic starter

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 07:52:46 AM »
Hey Smerfy,

I love HippoPlayer more than anybody.  Its awesome.  But the coder stopped updating it many years ago and so it does not support some PC mod formats such as .it mods that PC DeliPlayer does play.

So I am trying to find a W7 way of playing mods.

Also DeliPlayer PC version plays SidSongs which certain other PC modplayers don't seem to play.

I am trying to have just 1 program to rule them all.

It just seems kind of silly to burn an entire core of my PC to run WinUAE just to run HippoPlayer. :insane:

But it looks like I might end up doing that.

I still hafta give that BZR player a try first tho.
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 09:12:53 AM »
Quote from: Leffmann;727906
Use BZR Player, it plays everything you got and is actively developed:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=35976

Okey thanx 4 the advice!

It seems better than the others except it has no repeat button :(

I have to have a repeat button.

A mod player with no repeat play feature doesn't work out for me :(

I filed a bug report with the coder of the first 3 bugs I found (and attached a screenshot).  We'll see what happens.

Offline Etho

• Show only replies by Etho
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 09:50:11 AM »
Have you had a look at some of the skins

Offline nicholas

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 01:48:55 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;727962
Okey thanx 4 the advice!

It seems better than the others except it has no repeat button :(

No way are the others better than UADE as it emulates an Amiga and uses the original 68k assembly replay routines from Delitracker and Eagleplayer.

Unless your MODS sounding accurate and number of formats supported are not high on your list of priorities. ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline _ThEcRoW

• Show only replies by _ThEcRoW
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 03:01:54 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;727880
You definitely need more than 1 core.

I have a single core PC that could never emulate an Amiga at full speed.  Not even close.  And it was burning my entire 1500 Mhz of CPU power.

Bollocks. Winuae worked perfectly on my athlon 3000+ single core 32bit processor. Learn to configure your computer first.
Amiga 1200 desktop. Apollo 030/50 Mhz 8mb ram + ClassicWB + Wb 3.1
Amiga 500 + ACA500Plus + 16gb CF | ECS Power!!!
C64 DTV + Keyboard mod. Waiting for a 1541 disk ve...
Mac Mini G4 1.42Ghz 1gb OSX(tiger)/Morphos 3.7 Registered
C64mini + usb drive with loads of games...

Offline nicholas

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 07:42:47 PM »
Quote from: _ThEcRoW;727984
Bollocks. Winuae worked perfectly on my athlon 3000+ single core 32bit processor. Learn to configure your computer first.

It ran just fine on my old 1GHz Athlon Thunderbird too.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Dwyloc

• Show only replies by Dwyloc
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 08:15:19 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;727866
I bought a brand new intel core i5 quadcore 3.1Ghz pc with Windoze 7 so I could run WinUAE at a decent speed for once.  And of course I want to do a few other things to.  So far Chrome is working ok.  But...

I installed Deliplayer 2.50 beta.  It seemed to install fine without any error messages.   It is listed in the start menu but when I run it I get a msg "Could not start Deliplayer". :(

When I right click on a mod to listen to it there is NO CONTEXT MENU.  No "Open with Deliplayer" option is there like with my ancient windoze xp box. :(

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :destroy:

I can't even listen to mods on this computer?!?!?!

What do I do?!?  I can't write good code unless I am listening to some mods. :(

Does anyone in the world use Deliplayer on Windoze 7?

OK I have DeliPlayer working fine under Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

All you need to do is install it as normal then select properties, then click the compatibility tab and select "Run this profram in compatibility mode for Windows XP (service pack 3) and select ok.

then run as normal :-)
Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1
Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
Amiga 1200 Eyetech mk4 Tower, Blizzard 1240 040/40 32MB Fast ram, IDEFix Express mk2, mediatorSX pci, Voodoo3 PCI, PCI network card, OS3.9 BB2.

Offline ajlwalker

• Show only replies by ajlwalker
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 10:00:45 PM »
Quote from: Dwyloc;728050

All you need to do is install it as normal then select properties, then click the compatibility tab and select "Run this profram in compatibility mode for Windows XP (service pack 3) and select ok.

Well I said that about 15 posts ago, but instead of listening and using the programme he likes, he decided to forge on with programmes he then complains about.

Maybe I am on ignore.

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 01:55:47 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;727976
No way are the others better than UADE as it emulates an Amiga and uses the original 68k assembly replay routines from Delitracker and Eagleplayer.

Unless your MODS sounding accurate and number of formats supported are not high on your list of priorities. ;)

When I said "the others" I was not referring to UADE as I have not tried it yet due to not having this thing called Cygwin installed.  Also I figure it won't play .it mods.  Also Delitracker and Eagleplayer crashed my Amiga countless times so bringing those up does not really inspire confidence :)  I was always a Hippoplayer fan.

Still its nice to know that the UADE option is there.

I sorta got sidetracked testing BZRplayer, reporting bugs and explaining some coding techniques to make BZRplayer a better player for everyone.  I hope it works out in the end.

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 05:39:45 PM »
Quote from: Dwyloc;728050

I will happily try your idea but here is the deal:

I needed to backup my 1.5TB Amiga external drive.
I have a brand new puter with USB3 and Windoze 7 so this should be easy right?

Wrong!

Windoze 7 copied some files in some kind of random order then just locked up.  Its been stuck on the same file for over 12 hours now I and I don't know what to do.

The drive has all my mods on it.  The hard drive light flashed off and on all night long.  But the drive is not making any grinding noises.  What the heck is it doing?

I used to ALWAYS have this problem on Windoze XP.  I could not copy any set of files over around 400GB or it just locked up. :mad:

My bro told me W7 was fixed and and so advanced that it could actually copy files from one drive to another just like a 1985 Amiga.

I don't know what to do now.  Its just sitting there flashing the light off and on and all my mods are on that drive.  I can't seem to access the drive while its copying... So I can't try ur Deliplayer fix to see if it works or not.

I hope it is not burning a hole in my Amiga drive! :cry:  My whole life is on that drive!  Why can't Windoze 7 just let me copy some files and make a backup?!? :confused:

Offline nicholas

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 11:02:25 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;728130
I will happily try your idea but here is the deal:

I needed to backup my 1.5TB Amiga external drive.
I have a brand new puter with USB3 and Windoze 7 so this should be easy right?

Wrong!

Windoze 7 copied some files in some kind of random order then just locked up.  Its been stuck on the same file for over 12 hours now I and I don't know what to do.

The drive has all my mods on it.  The hard drive light flashed off and on all night long.  But the drive is not making any grinding noises.  What the heck is it doing?

I used to ALWAYS have this problem on Windoze XP.  I could not copy any set of files over around 400GB or it just locked up. :mad:

My bro told me W7 was fixed and and so advanced that it could actually copy files from one drive to another just like a 1985 Amiga.

I don't know what to do now.  Its just sitting there flashing the light off and on and all my mods are on that drive.  I can't seem to access the drive while its copying... So I can't try ur Deliplayer fix to see if it works or not.

I hope it is not burning a hole in my Amiga drive! :cry:  My whole life is on that drive!  Why can't Windoze 7 just let me copy some files and make a backup?!? :confused:

The easiest solution. :)

Who needs WinUAE either?

And you could always boot one of your PC's from the CD linked in my signature for a more "authentic" experience.

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 04:14:57 AM »
Ok I finally finished backing up my Amiga drive.  I got zillions of error msgs about the filenames being too long.  Which is impossible as I was copying from one NTFS drive to another NTFS drive and the filenames were identical!  If it works on one drive it must work on another drive right?

I had to keep going in and manually shortening pathnames and doing things over.  ugh.

Ok so I started DeliPlayer 2.50b using compatibility mode and:
1. Repeat play is completely broken.  It never ever replays the mod.  It just dies.  I have it set to play 99 times but it only plays once then croaks.

2. After it plays the mod exactly one time, I can't tell it to play another mod.  It just sits there doing nothing.  

3. I have to completely quit the program and restart it to play another mod.  No fun at all :(

While writing this message I kept trying different things and mashing random buttons.  And I got it to repeat one time then it died as usual. :(

Offline Photon

• Show only replies by Photon
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 02:48:22 AM »
Quote from: _ThEcRoW;727984

Nah, performance is a mixed bag with WinUAE since somewhere between 1.5.4 and 2.0 (long ago). I know how to perfectly configure my computer and WinUAE, yet performance is worse on a 2 years newer PC. No need for accusations. Maybe if you had followed the development of WinUAE as closely as I have, noob... (hey, counteraccusation!!)