Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: THE worst Amiga games?  (Read 8335 times)

Description:

Offline Ilwrath

Re: THE worst Amiga games?
« on: February 24, 2003, 06:13:31 PM »
Hmm...  Lotta things listed here that I have to agree with as really bad. (Except for Face Off hockey - I had the C64 version, and liked it well enough, but never got a copy of the Amiga one that worked!)

Days of Thunder- At least this game gave me and my friends a hearty laugh as the gauges just randomly bounced around and the engine sample looped with a pop every half second, or so.  That, and we'd sneak up behind each other and scream "Cole, ya look like $hit out there!"  Still one of the worst racing games I've ever seen, though.

Some NOT mentioned:
Dangerous Streets - What kind of crackhead would package this game in a gamer kit???  It was about the worst street fighter clone I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.  Even the Amiga version of Mortal Kombat (back-back-forward-diagonal/down-forward-back-button to duplicate a simple 1 button move in the arcade) was better than this!!

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - Another trainwreck of licensing...  It was bad enough it was actually pretty funny, though.

The Amiga version of Scooby Doo left a lot to be desired, as well.  In fact, most licensed games had a high potential to suck.  Looking through my disk catalog in the section titled "Why the hell do I still have this?" more than half appear to be licensed titles.

Other noteworthy titles include what I think was supposed to be a platformer called "Fire and Brimstone" and, of course, the summer games knockoffs, like "Summer Olympiad".

Offline Ilwrath

Re: THE worst Amiga games?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 06:19:37 AM »
@Bezzen-
I didn't know that Krisalis made a C64 version of that game. There was a game called Face Off on the C64 though, by Gamestar, that was really cool. With NHL teams and trades and strategies and all that we've come to expect from EA's NHL series nowadays.

Ooops!  I take back anything nice I said about Krisalis Face-Off hockey.  Quickly booting up my emulator disks, it was, indeed Gamestar Face-Off hockey that I liked.  (Except for that scary boot picture!)  Hah!  I've had it mislabelled for all these years.  My bad.

As for Amiga hockey turkeys, though, how about the Amiga version of Blades of Steel?  That one left a lot to be desired.  

Also, thumbing through my disks, I found a real disappointment from back in the day... The Amiga version of Ray Tobey's SkyFox.  The C64 one was one of my all time favorites, but somehow they managed to make the Amiga one look and play worse!