Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.  (Read 24900 times)

Description:

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Re: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2011, 07:18:34 PM »
So they have gotten to shipping actual product? Good on them. They turned out to be a legitimate business.

Now to see consumer reviews come in, and see what the verdict is.

And I assume this then silences the whole "OS4 hardware is too expensive" stuff for good then.

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;628528
1. Why is it being pimped on this Amiga forum then? You admit now it has FA to do with Amiga now hmmmm thanks.

Check out what subboard it was posted on.

2. €65+€65 ie 100% profit for fake C= and retailer is at the top end ofhardware sales (20-50% = normal). So £99-109 is more than enough for just a case for the greedy tits. And the crap motherboard specs worth about £50-75 AT BEST.
So you have proved to us it is a rip-off markup on a fancy desktop case + under powered limp wristed x86 Windows/Liux motherboard. Thanks :)

First, convert it to USD, that may help you with the math.  Go take a look at those components, C=USA didn't go low quality on them so the price is higher.  Add in the cost of the case and that very expensive custom keyboard, labor to assemble them all, pay shipping to and from, pay tech support, and then there is the Disney Tron Legacy DVD.  Adds up pretty quick.

3. I bought a mint actual C64 + uIEC/MMC + SD card for less than 1/3 your C64x list price....hell I even got the Retrogenius Ultimate C64 DVD with REAL tape images....and I never have to look at crap like x86 Windows before VICE is loads and I'm playing ORIGINAL UNCRACKED GAMES :roflmao:

Well good for you.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline dammy

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;628546
there are quite a few folks that are gonna remember that quote later this year, you know. :)

-- eliyahu

Their money, their choice in the matter.  Wealthy spends all types of insane amount of money on something, more power to them.   Someone gets what they desire and someone makes a profit.  I just find it awfully interesting that some of the people who are complaining about the price of the C64x don't have issue spending multiple times that on their own hobby computer which does far less and has far less support.
Dammy

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline dammy

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2011, 07:33:50 PM »
Quote from: runequester;628547
So they have gotten to shipping actual product? Good on them. They turned out to be a legitimate business.

Not yet, online orders will be completed either later this month or by mid May of 2011.  Big box retailer probably has first priority.

Now to see consumer reviews come in, and see what the verdict is.

It will be interesting to see if C=USA did it right or has to change things.

And I assume this then silences the whole "OS4 hardware is too expensive" stuff for good then.

OS4 hardware coming down in price to match C=USA's Amigas?  Wonderful news!  Consumer always wins out when there is real competition.   You have a link for us on this price change?  Dual core pricing for Dual core pricing, right?
Dammy

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2011, 07:35:34 PM »
I'm just glad that this whole CUSA issue will be decided one way or the other very shortly and then folks can decide for themselves whether it's good or bad for the site if CUSA stuff stays or goes... :)

Offline digitex

• Show only replies by digitex
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2011, 07:44:56 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;628528
1. Why is it being pimped on this Amiga forum then? You admit now it has FA to do with Amiga now hmmmm thanks.

2. €65+€65 ie 100% profit for fake C= and retailer is at the top end ofhardware sales (20-50% = normal). So £99-109 is more than enough for just a case for the greedy tits. And the crap motherboard specs worth about £50-75 AT BEST.
So you have proved to us it is a rip-off markup on a fancy desktop case + under powered limp wristed x86 Windows/Liux motherboard. Thanks :)

3. I bought a mint actual C64 + uIEC/MMC + SD card for less than 1/3 your C64x list price....hell I even got the Retrogenius Ultimate C64 DVD with REAL tape images....and I never have to look at crap like x86 Windows before VICE is loads and I'm playing ORIGINAL UNCRACKED GAMES :roflmao:

really???  :)
"...So £99-109 is more than enough for just a case "

BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH, TRY TO ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN FOR 2 SECONDS, AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS REALLY COSTS:

custom injection mold ABS case, that is available nowhere on this planet, a custom keyboard (like DAS), with custom dual shot injection molded spherical keys, Cheery Blue key switches, metal UL bracket for dvd & hdd, dual SATA & Power cable harness(custom), LED/Power switch combo,  rubber feet, custom logo badge (not a sticker) 40mm x 10mm high velocity silent fan, 42 format card reader w/ USB port, case plates for dvd opening and card reader, screws and cable ties, full color glossy printed showcase package carton, shipping carton, labor to assemble (not little Chinese kids), 100% assembly in USA, printed insert material, incoming freight charges, ADD TO THAT AN AMORTIZED AMOUNT FOR THE COST OF DESIGN & MOLD CONSTRUCTION (ALMOST 100K US$) AND THE FCC & UL CERTIFICATIONS.

"..crap motherboard specs worth about £50-75 AT BEST."  

GO PRICE OUT AN INTEL ATOM DUAL CORE 525 @ 1.8 GHZ, WITH ON BOARD DC POWER CONVERSION (CRITICAL) WITH NVIDEA ION2 GRAPHICS, WiFi/n BLUTOOTH on board or mini pcie card,EXTERNAL 90 WATT 12 Vdc universal power adaptor, incoming freight. YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS ANYWHERE, REGARDLESS OF THE MANUFACTURER, FOR LESS THAN OVER US$200+.  AND THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE MEMORY!

THE ACTUAL KEYBOARD CANNOT BE BOUGHT FOR LESS THAN $135-$160, AND THAT WILL STILL NOT GIVE YOU THE CUSTOM EXACT STYLE AND SHAPE AND COLOR OF THE ORIGINAL C64, JUST UPDATED WITH MODERN FUNCTIONS.

NOW YOU KNOW WHY THIS MACHINE IS PRICED AS IT IS. BUY IT OR DON'T..JUST BE AWARE OF WHAT IT IS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, BEFORE YOU FORM YOUR OPINIONS AND MAKE RIDICULOUS COMMENTS.

Offline digitex

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2011, 07:53:15 PM »
Quote from: Franko;628555
I'm just glad that this whole CUSA issue will be decided one way or the other very shortly and then folks can decide for themselves whether it's good or bad for the site if CUSA stuff stays or goes... :)

Think about this....the all time record for most users -=Moderated=- on Amiga.org was 497 on July28,2010, most likley because of a CUSA event. And how many years has this forum been up???

Last night our forum was holding at between 725-800 quests/members, and the forum is only a few weeks old.

Just what does this tell you?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:58:07 PM by Argo »

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2011, 07:56:03 PM »
Quote from: dammy;628549
Their money, their choice in the matter.  Wealthy spends all types of insane amount of money on something, more power to them.   Someone gets what they desire and someone makes a profit.  I just find it awfully interesting that some of the people who are complaining about the price of the C64x don't have issue spending multiple times that on their own hobby computer which does far less and has far less support.

agreed.  i'm a (very happy) OS4 user and owner of a SAM.   no one could possibly argue the price/performance ratio is anything close to modern consumer electronics.  the same folks who were unhappy about people making fun of the eventual price of the A1X1K shouldn't now be whinging on about the cost of the C64x.

creating something new costs money.  in most cases, for anything involving genuine engineering, rather quite a lot.

the CUSA machines -- at least the ones announced to date -- aren't my 'cup of tea,' but i'm still hoping these guys are successful.  the commodore brand could use with a bit of success, you know?  in the end i would imagine the C64x will vastly outsell anything produced by any of the amiga-related companies in the past decade.

not for me, and not for most of you, but if someone finds value in it, why not?

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2011, 07:58:25 PM »
Quote from: digitex;628559
Think about this....the all time record for most users (abusers) on Amiga.org was 497 on July28,2010, most likley because of a CUSA event. And how many years has this forum been up???

Last night our forum was holding at between 725-800 quests/members, and the forum is only a few weeks old.

Well, if I were a certain paranoid Baptist dockworker in Missouri it would tell me that the hackers are getting ready to attack en masse!

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »
Quote from: dammy;628548
Check out what subboard it was posted on.

First, convert it to USD, that may help you with the math.  Go take a look at those components, C=USA didn't go low quality on them so the price is higher.  Add in the cost of the case and that very expensive custom keyboard, labor to assemble them all, pay shipping to and from, pay tech support, and then there is the Disney Tron Legacy DVD.  Adds up pretty quick.

Well good for you.

I gave it to you in percentages so currency doesn't matter. 100% profit is just OTT and proves it's worthless junk.

Offline Franko

« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2011, 08:07:46 PM »
Think about this....the all time record for most users on Amiga.org was 497 on July28,2010, most likley because of a CUSA event. And how many years has this forum been up???

The day you picked to make your pathetic little claim that it was down to a "CUSA event" just shows what total -=Moderated=- you really are as everybody here knows that day was down "SpamBots" attacking the site not anything to do with your -=Moderated=- company... :)

So stick that in yer pipe and smoke it ya dunderheid... :roflmao:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:56:48 PM by Argo »

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2011, 08:10:34 PM »
Quote from: Franko;628567
It tells me Barry or Leo whichever one you are that your a bigger idiot than I thought you stupid fool... :)
digitex is the online moniker for barry altman.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »

I saw that, impressive! That is the Disney factor!
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline digitex

« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2011, 08:15:44 PM »
Red, actually NOT, as the Disney factor has not even kicked in yet. The DVD is only being released today. There was no advertising yet at all. This was the CUSA factor of visitors to our site, and then clicking through to the forum link. Once the PR and ads break, we expect 1000 quests/members on the forum, at least for the first few months.

Offline Franko

« Reply #104 from previous page: April 05, 2011, 08:16:39 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;628568
digitex is the online moniker for barry altman.

-- eliyahu

I guessed that from his first post and called him out on it, but the big bag of keech is too chicken to admit it... :roflmao:

C'mon Barry, take me on I'm ready and waiting for ya big boy... :roflmao: