Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiBench - What do you want to see..  (Read 5802 times)

Description:

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
Re: AmiBench - What do you want to see..
« on: February 07, 2003, 05:34:44 PM »
Yesterday, there was some discussion of posting guidelines here at Amiga.org, and now you are re-designing Amibench, though AmiBench is not a discussion site, presumably one thing you will still need is well laid out guidelines for posting an add, or even an auction.

So, because this line of thinking is of interest to me, that is where I will make my comments.

Wayne's guidelines, in additions to the terms of use you already outline.... are a good starting point...but you can make it better.  It could be worded more concisely, in a more eye pleasing format, and also, some simple things should be covered, for example, a classified ad, should be in regards to an item that is for sale.  If it is COMMENTARY or web site feedback, then it should be automatically removed or placed in the appropriate area.

Thats the simple stuff, and quite frankly I find that boring.  

If I had a site, I would have more exotic rules.
Number one, I would ban all unnecessary prolixity.
I would require the poster to remain aware of paradigm shifts. Declining optimism should not be overt.

LAAAAAAAAAAWWWWD help me,... sorry having a geek moment, my apologies to the code monkey for having to witness this....

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
Re: AmiBench - What do you want to see..
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 05:52:31 PM »
I should clarify, because I'm not sure if I laid out the vision here...

ok you have the rules

rule 1) No PowerPuff girl references....

ok then, when a message is deleted, in its place

it says

--Moderator--message removed for violating forum rules: no PowerPuff girl references

and then, because we are programmers (there is always an error code that signifies 'no error')

There will also be a rules violation, which is 'no rules were violated'.... ok that one will look like:

--Moderator--message removed for violating forum rules: no rule was violated

are you envisioning it now...do you see?  do you see? do you see what life would be like if I ran an amiga website....lol

ok, I must go back to work....I know I'm helping sooooo much...hehe