Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1200 right mouse button issue  (Read 1089 times)

Description:

Offline JimDrewTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by JimDrew
A1200 right mouse button issue
« on: May 30, 2019, 07:03:16 PM »
OK, so I have an A1200 with Blizzard 030 board and memory.  It works great, but I want to remove the accelerator and just use the A1200 bone stock.  When I pull the accelerator the right mouse button no longer works in Workbench.  I thought this might be an issue with the Workbench installation, but the same thing occurs when I boot with no startup-sequence and do LoadWB from an original WB disk.  Put the accelerator board back in and it works again.  Weirdest thing I have ever seen with an Amiga.  Has anyone ever heard of this before?  Are there any simple mouse button test programs out there.  I don't want to have to write some test code if it already exists.

Thanks!

Offline vince_6

Re: A1200 right mouse button issue
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 07:10:06 PM »
Dunno about the mouse but if you press "2" on boot the accelerator turns off.
My BBS : flashbackbbs.sytes.net:6502
http://partsfromthepast.blogspot.gr/ A1200 Black Project

Offline JimDrewTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by JimDrew
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07:33:07 AM »
Thanks, but I want to sell the 030 board (w/SCSI controller) and return to a bone stock A1200.  Right now I can't do that!  This machine USE to work perfectly.  It was the machine that we ran our support BBS on for EMPLANT back in the early-mid 90's.  I would like to put the BBS back online again and I don't want to waste an 030 board that could be used by someone else.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »
Dunno about the mouse but if you press "2" on boot the accelerator turns off.

Good idea...to see if the problem arises when the board is disabled but not removed.