Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deluxe Paint on a browser  (Read 5138 times)

Description:

Offline blitterobjectTopic starter

• Show only replies by blitterobject
    • http://thecommodoreamiga.com
Re: Deluxe Paint on a browser
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 07, 2011, 11:02:22 PM »
Thanks again for the positivity- I haven't forgotten about this, just trying to find time in about everything else I have to find the time to do...

Anyway, bucket fill soon, I promise. I've got an algorithm worked out. And I also made a very minor bug fix for Chrome, where the cursor was defaulting to the text cursor whenever you tried to paint.

Anyway, once I make my fortune and don't need to work, and my kids learn to change their own nappies / use the toilet etc, I'll totally work on this full time.
Everything was better on the Commodore Amiga...

Offline PR

• Show only replies by PR
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »
Just what was needed.

How did it go?

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show only replies by Vlabguy1
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 04:46:54 PM »
Quote from: blitterobject;618313
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but my Intel 286 of a brain couldn't decide on a suitable one, so mods feel free to move at will...

Anyway, on my Amiga Blog that I've mentioned elsewhere on here (and thanks again for all the top feedback!) I've just lately posted what began as a few thoughts on Deluxe Paint, and grew into the beginnings of a functional Dpaint clone on the web:

http://thecommodoreamiga.com/?p=57

It's quite basic at the moment- you can select a colour and paint using the continuous line tool, and then clear the screen. It's using the html5 canvas element, some javascript and an html-based interface. So in theory, my intention is to develop it into something useful and functional, at least in the eyes of anyone who (like me) views Deluxe Paint as one of the most useful and functional art packages there ever was.

It seems to work fine for me in Chrome and Firefox, but IE and other non-html5 aware browsers will probably be disappointed...

Link not working on my end..

Offline PR

• Show only replies by PR
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 05:28:59 PM »
Same here.

Please don't forget a very good job indeed.