Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence  (Read 12907 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
I have been an aros user for sometime. For me, its not about x86 verses powerpc, but then again maybe it is sometimes.

For example, I can pick a 1-2ghz computer out of the trash, add an sblive, (15$), an fx550 or 650 video card (15$) and then run aros on it. The performance on even a 1ghz computer is definitly as good or better than any 700mhz power pc computer that costs about 1,000$ with amiga os4. 30$ verses 1000$ is quite a big difference.

There is also something I prefer about AROS- Its open. If you prefer amiga os4 or morphos thats fine, but don't trash aros and the people working to better it. AROS can never die, is not controlled by any one individual and
the community is really great. Just because you call it amiga os dosn't mean computers running it are the "real amiga" there is no such thing anymore...

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 10:06:26 AM »
I think Aros is fantastic after using it for awhile you really feel like you came "home" again.

Congrats to steve for getting all the drivers and making this work. Once I can afford to buy a catweasel, my aros machine will be the ng amiga of my dreams. I can't wait to see how awesome aros will be in a few more years of development. Alot is happening with it lately.

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 07:59:53 PM »
I don't have to address all the wrong points because you obviously can't read or you wouldn't keep making incorrect statements and saying wild stupid things. You obviously haven't even read about aros at all from the ridiculous statements you are making.

"1. They are using linux as a base, then popping APIs on top of it, making a WB lookalike that is analogous to linux w/ WINE. They will never capture the Amiga experience as it is in MOS or AmigaOS. "

Aros can run windows hosted, linux hosted, or native. It is not based on linux, though it can run under linux or linux hosted.

Steven
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:50:13 PM by Karlos »