Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence  (Read 12742 times)

Description:

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
Sorry, I just can't get excited about a crappy Intel machine being passed off as Amiga.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:44:35 PM by Argo »
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
Re: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 03:01:54 AM »
Thread Title: "IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence"

Key word here is "Silence" which means:

Only people who like to adulterate already crappy HW to run a fake AmigaOS would like this, eventually there will be nothing left of the unique community that I love. I don't ever want to see x86 and AmigaOS in this way, e=verytime I do reminds me of the pollution of this community. Who, would want to help teh very company who killed the Amiga? I don't.

Also, to the mods who erased my gesture, you really are absentee most of the time, why, the finger doesn't even mean F-U in all cultures, whereas a$$, $hit,f#ck all mean the same no matter what way you spell it. It really isn't fair to give me an infraction at all.

@Kolla

Yay, you learned how to say "donkey" another way, lets applaud you shall we?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:08:52 AM by dreamcast270mhz »
My machines:
iPad 2

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
Re: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »
For the final time, the IMICA is an overpriced machine, (I can make one for less than what they sell for) the way clusteruk worded his post was promoting it as the next Amiga. The reason AROS is wasting time is:

1. They are using linux as a base, then popping APIs on top of it, making a WB lookalike that is analogous to linux w/ WINE. They will never capture the Amiga experience as it is in MOS or AmigaOS.

2. They have made less progress than either OS4 or MOS in the same amount of time.

But I applaud their progress thus far, they are promising, but they before long will hit a wall.

In it all, I have discovered that no Amiga user needs an Intel, you just need a G4 Mac for MOS and OS X (for modern Apps), Classic Amigas for Classic AOS and a 360 for all the new video games, you get all the benefits of Intel, minus Intel, at the same cost or less.

@leander

Ha, the applaud was funny I admit, but really, Kolla needs to learn that throwing around  curses will only piss people off, sadly, he is just like Lennie.
My machines:
iPad 2